Live Streaming Video Footage of SX from St. Louis

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Reported on RacerX

March 3, 2005

For the First-Time Ever ESPN360 will Provide Live Streaming Video Footage of THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross from St. Louis
- press release -

AURORA, III. (March 3, 2005) - Clear Channel Entertainment’s Motor Sports division announced today that ESPN360 (www.espn360.com) will deliver live streaming video of this weekend’s THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series race from St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome. This is the first live motorsports event hosted by ESPN360.

Clear Channel Entertainment’s Motor Sports division has agreed to work with ESPN360’s first-ever live streaming video feed. The 125cc and 250cc heat races are live from 7:30-8:10 p.m. (CT); the 125cc and 250cc main events are live from 9:25-10:15 p.m. CT. This one-off broadcast will be a trial run that will give fans an opportunity to follow the world’s fastest growing motorsport live through streaming video.

“For ESPN360, we are excited to have the opportunity to showcase a live, major event in THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series,” said Len Mead, director, new media content. “ESPN has had a long, established relationship with supercross, and this is the next step in showing our dedication to the sport. We appreciate the support that Clear Channel Entertainment’s Motor Sports division has given us in our venture with ESPN360.”

ESPN360 is available to any fan whose internet service provider has signed an agreement with ESPN, including Charter High-Speed in St. Louis. All content is customizable and can be watched in a variety of screen sizes ranging from full-screen to a compact mode that can be viewed on a small portion of the user’s screen. ESPN360 provides users with the capability to add and delete videos from their playlists, arrange the order of viewing, and save favorite clips and playlists in My ESPN - the users own channel within the ESPN360 environment. For more information, log on to www.espn360.com to check local Internet Service Provider compatibility.

THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series racing from St. Louis airs on ESPN2 Sunday, March 6, at Noon EST. In addition to ESPN360’s live streaming video footage, Clear Channel Entertainment’s Motor Sports division will continue to provide their live platform in the widely popular Supercross LIVE webcast, starting at 7:00 p.m. local time. Hosts Jim Holley and Jason Wiegandt capture the live race call, a pre-race show, a post-race show, post-race press conference, on-air industry guests and celebrities, in-depth interviews, promotions, call-ins and more. In 2003-2004, more than a half-million listeners logged on to Supercross LIVE!

For more information, please log on to www.supercross.cc.com. For tickets log onto www.supercross.cc.com, www.ticketmaster.com, or www.unlvtickets.com (Las Vegas only). Media requests please contact Denny Hartwig at 630-566-6305 or email at dennyhartwig@clearchannel.com.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I just saw that - very cool!!! I hope it goes smooth the first go around.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
CaptainObvious said:
Reported on RacerX
The 125cc and 250cc heat races are live from 7:30-8:10 p.m. (CT); the 125cc and 250cc main events are live from 9:25-10:15 p.m. CT.

Does anybody know what these times are in GMT(UK time)? :coocoo:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
brit yz125 said:
Does anybody know what these times are in GMT(UK time)? :coocoo:

+6

The 125cc and 250cc heat races will air 1:30-2:10 a.m. on Sunday morning and the 125cc and 250cc main events are live from 3:25-4:15 a.m. Sunday morning.

Better set the TiVo...opps...that may not work since this is ove the internet.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
Thanks a lot. Dont you think ESPN should try and improve their tv coverage before trying to go online though? I thought programme we get in the UK was a bit sketchy but it seems as if you get the exact same one judging by the comments I have read in some threads!

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I guess the question should be who's internet provider is allowing access to the race? I've attempted two so far with no luck. Anyone have access who could give us a review the first part of next week?

Thanks ahead of time!!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Comcrap in New Mexico gets a big fat thumbs down! Bastages!

Last edited:

fla2smoker

Feb 11, 2005
Time Warner (Road Runner) no access, tried Earthlink, no access....... Sounds like no ISP is signed up at this point. Maybe this is ESPN's ploy to screw with us... Its there but you cant have it. :bang:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Comcast is a no-go too. This is starting to look like 100% announcement, 0% action.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Yep, no coverage here with Brighthouse/Time Warner. Seems like maybe they have the technology, but they are trying to gauge demand before they roll this out in a big way.

I sent them a note saying I was mainly interested in SX.

Wiley870

Jul 23, 2003
I've been killing myself on the weekends staying up (or getting up early for west coast SX) listening live since moving to England. I'm glad at least there's a webcast, but I'd pay the price of a ticket to get to watch it on streaming video. My ISP, BT (British Telecom), isn't signed up either :bang: Its really frustrating to be so close to watching - yet so far far away.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
No SBC either.. Does ESPN own a ISP perhaps?? Maybe they are testing for live coverage??
Rick

Top Bottom