yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
Looking for new places/people to ride at/with ineastern nc (or any where w/in 3 hrs ride ( we regularly drive this far) preferably MX, but cool trails will do. We're located at the south outer banks. we have ~15 people in our group.

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
yep, shalotte is history. There is a track near wilmington in a town called riegelwood. Jay, the owner is a super nice guy. Steep jumps, clay track, and a big steep ster up. the takeoff is 14' and nearly vertical. if interested pm me and i'll send you a message. Charlotte if ~7hrs. We do make a yearly trip to brown mtn. which is sorta close. I've heard of the track near shelby, how is it?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hmmm...can't make it this weekend (my bike is still in pieces, but less and bigger pieces at the moment), but I'd like to swing up that way some weekend.

7 hours to Charlotte! :( (Any chance of coming out, camping, and making it a two day thing?

I know of 2 tracks near Shelby. One is actually in town at the fairgrounds and they hold races there pretty much every Saturday night during the summer. They're finished for this year, though, and they only have a few practice sessions in the late spring.

The other is Parkey Valley. I don't know what their schedule is like, but it's a decent track with a little of everything. Some sandy sections, some clay jumps, a little hardpack here and there. At one of the races there I talked to a guy who said he had a track nearby that he was getting ready to open, but I never heard any more about it.

I also heard something about another new track somewhere near Devil's Ridge (Sanford)...I'll see if I can find out anything about it.

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
We're into camping if worthwhile. MX58 sucks it's about 30 min from us and we know the owner and ride or free and still drive at least an extra hour every weekend and pay. Sorry david and darryl

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I consider TNT well worth the drive. They also have 200 acres worth of trails, if you're into that.

The track has 25-30 jumps. About half of them are doubles and the other half are tabletops or step-up/step-downs. Even though I've seen a KTM65 jump everything on the track, it's still fun and fairly challenging for most B and C riders.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Once you get to Charlotte, take I-77 south about 35 miles. Take exit 55 (route 97), turn right (west), go 3 miles, turn right on Brown Road, go 1.5 miles and entrance is on right.

Their phone number (that they usually forward to the track) is 803-482-4759.

Let me know when and we can plan something. I'll be there this weekend on Saturday morning, but have a kid's soccer game in the afternoon.

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
Thanks for the 411 high lord g. Sadly it will be a couple of monthe, we have a historic house (circa 1850) we're renovating, and currently are having a nightmare of a time with the contractor. We're expexting our first child in jan, so we're on a tight timetable. I'm having to work my landscaping crew on saturdays (on overtime -ouch!!! inhopes to get back on schedule, so that only leves sunday's. That's out of my one day range. If we can get caught up soon i'll let you know.
Do your kids ride? We already have a jr 50 w/ training wheels in the garage. I keep telling my wife that it's easier to roll than walk, so 12 months is a pefectly acceptable age to get him started:D I'm going to try to get there around the first of december, local stuff is getting kinda old, although I did beat a B rider this weekend ( a 5-4 finish in a mixed class A,B,C riders), yahoo!!!!!

Top Bottom