"Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
holeshot said:
Yeah....well I had a '77 Firebird 400 CI with just headers and it would bury my friends '78 with the 403. That 403 was basically the same new "smogger" engine as the 403 in my dad's Buick. :rotfl:

Sorry....those are the facts....

the 403 was an Olds engine that ended up in just about every GM vehicle for a spell in the late 70's. I like guys that think Buicks are old men cars, then we bust out a 11 something second 1/4 mile and drive home with the A/C on

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Who would rip on Buick guys? 67 or 8 Gran Touring Torino, Ford 302 Boss engine and an FMX trans. 70 Nova SS, Chevy 302 with a 4 speed. 4 block insanity, stroked small blocks ripped, thankfully no one died, except the cars! Dirtbikes are much safer.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
In '82 my partner and I purchased a 1967 SS that had never seen the street. A guy named Jesse Ballou had apparently bought the car factory stock and built it for 1/8th mile immediately. We purchased the car engine-less from the second owners.

We modified the car for round track dirt, and purchased a fresh 327 that was +.30 w/a new ss crank, from some drag guys who were just given sponsor money and went big block before the new rebuild had a run on it.

I noticed that RickyD mentioned a '67...but I am almost certain your pops is a '68, yes? I know our car was always mistaken for a '68, because for whatever reason, one of the previous owners had bondo'd in rear quarter marker lights, which is the ONLY difference between a '67 and a '68.
I think I can see rear quarter light on that ride, yes?

Tell your pop he is the man!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Jaybird said:
I noticed that RickyD mentioned a '67...but I am almost certain your pops is a '68, yes?

Its a '67, easiest way to tell is it was the only year of the Gen 1s that had wing vents on the front doors. They were removed in '68.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yeah, Offroadr's right. It's a 67, the only year they had the vent windows.

Then in 69 they changed the fenders and quarters a bit with the "eyebrow" effect running down the sides, plus some grill changes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom