Looking at upgrading my sons bike

jp2396

Dec 12, 2004
Hey everyone, currently my son has an '04 crf50 that he is now towering over. i was looking at upgrading him to a larger bike like a 65, but am unsure if he will outgrow it quickly and maybe I should be looking at an 85. I do realize that the step from a 50 four stroke to even a 65 two stroke will be night and day for him as far as power and response. Here's his stats:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 4'5"
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Not real aggressive yet
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? woods, fields and possibly tracks
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes
5) Do you think you will race ? he may, he has recently shown an interest
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I can work on it
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? All major brands and preferably 2 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? no, looking to buy used
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $1500-2000
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 9

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Any help would be nice on this one. I don't mind getting a 65, just worried that I will be upgrading again in a year due to him outgrowing it size wise.

racetolive

Feb 7, 2008

i think a 85 is going to be to tall for him when i was about 5 foot i had to tip toe and an 85 has alot of power for a little bike i think you should stick with a 65

jp2396

Dec 12, 2004
I think I'm in agreement. Hopefully he'll be able to get a couple of years out of it and we'll look at an 85 then.

Top Bottom