Looking for a bike.. but what to get ??

MichiganRider

Apr 13, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
Im 6ft and between 165-175 depending on season
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
id say im agressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
woods, fields, trails, little hills
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Ive been riding a tri-z 250 for about 5 yrs
5) Do you think you will race ?
maybe if i can get the money and time but probably wait until my next bike for that
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
If i cant do it my dad can :)
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
i want a 2 stroke because thats what i have on my trike and im used to maintaining it and im sorta leaning towards yami but im open to try anything.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
i have dealers that carry everything but ill most likely be going to a private seller, ill probably be able to find a bike cheaper that way
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
up to about $2500 maybe $3000 depending on how much i make after graduation :laugh:
10) Do you live in California?
i wish i lived there.. probably a better riding climate all year round.
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Im fairly new to riding bikes ive only rode them on a few occasions but i plan to get a lot of riding in this summer along with some friends that are also beginners so i need something with low maintenance and reliable.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
I would probebley say a 250 2-stroke would work. You have bee riding a 250 2-stroke three wheeler for 5 years i think you can handel a newer 250 dirtbike.

And if you are still like ehh i dont know, and your beginner friends want to lern on it you could always get a 125 2-stroke. hye are fast and high strung. And there are plenty of aftermarket mods for it to get it that "zoom zoom" feeling.

so a 125 2-stroke, or a 250 2-stroke. Whichever you feel more confortable on.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
2 strokes for life said:
I would say a KDX220 would be rate up your lane. It is 2 stroke and it is great to just putter around with and have fun.
If it was up to you.... everyone would be riding KDX's :) .

Yeah i read it agian, and this swould be another good bike for you to look into. The KDX200 or 220.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom