TC21

May 31, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'10" 150lbs.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I play 3 sports. Probably 8/10.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Woods, trails, fields.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
About 4 years.

5) Do you think you will race ?
No

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
We know a guy.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Not really.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
All brands

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
Used bike. So around 1250

10) Do you live in California?
No

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I need the experts opinions. I have had an XR80 and currently have an XR200.

btm1948

Jun 4, 2008
it can be depends on which one you get. as far as like the sprockets and if its been bored out. i have a 97 cr125 with 2 teeth smaller on the front sprocket and 2 teeth bigger on the rear. its also been bored out to about a 140. its ok on the trails i would get softer suspension thats the only thing that makes riding trails on a 125 race bike a little more interesting

TC21

May 31, 2007
How is this:

2000 RM125 ALL STOCK WITH SOME AFTERMARKET STUFF, UPPER TRIPPLE CLAMP, FAT BARS, PIPE AND SILENCER, RECENT CHAIN AND SPROCKETS. GREAT FIRST BIKE, RUNS GREAT AND DEPENDABLE. ALWAYS CLEANED AND STORED INSIDE. $900

Go to Craigslist Seattle. Type RM125 at the search bar. It is located in Sammamish. That is where the pics are.

TC21

May 31, 2007
How is a XR350. I saw on craigslist a 1985 XR350. The 85 is supposed to be the best year for the 350. Also, it has more cc's than the other years.

Is this too much power for me?

jodyboy

Mar 5, 2008
Nothing is more fun than a two stroke. I myself was raised riding an '86 XR 100. I was out of riding up until about a year ago when I finally broke down and bought an '03 YZ 250. I have found myself back into a sport that I wished I'd never left. I ride everyday and find myself with an obsession with getting faster and quicker times through the woods. This has put a very tight strain on my relationships with former girlfriends. Notice I said former. LOL! I plan on entering my first hare scramble or enduro next spring. As for answering your question 125 or 250, I can't give you that answer. You'll have to make that choice yourself. All I can say is do yourself a favor and buy a smoker(two stroke). You won't be disappointed. This has been the best investment I've ever made.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
I almost exclusively ride my KX125 as a trail bike. I love it. If you are only 14, a 250 is too big. I was still riding my xr80 at 14, and I beleive it wasnt until like 15 until the first friend in our group of riding buddies got a 2 stroke 80 which changed the world or riding for us as we knew it :)

btm1948

Jun 4, 2008
ya i think a 125 would be just right. you will probably love the 2 stroke. the only thing you always have to do is mix the fuel. the only time my two stroke has broke on the trails was because of me i didnt tighten down the seat bolts so half way through the ride my seat fell off. haha any ways i think if you go any bigger then a 125 you will have a hell of a time

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom