madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
hey guys im looking for a second bike to beast around on.

1) your physical size: 6' 220lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you? extremely aggressive rider

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with
friends or ????? everything

4) Do you have any riding experience? very experienced rider

5) Do you think you will race ? yes

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? ive always felt at home on 2t's but would consider a 4t.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes and carries every brand

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? under $4000

10) Do you live in California? no

11) Your age? 18

thanks guys

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
jb_dallas said:
What do you mean by "very experienced rider" What have you ridden and for how long?

I've been riding for 13 years, racing competitively for 4, mostly harescrambles some mx, i have a very aggressive riding style, spectators would view it as reckless, but i know myself that i'm in complete control of the bike at all times, if i want it to go somewhere i have the skills to make it go there.

i started off on a PW50
then moved to a KE100
then a TTR-125L
then a CR125.
i currently have 2 CR125's, one is my trail bike for putzing around on, the other is the race bike (bored, ported, etc.)

i'm looking for possibilities on a second race bike.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
There are others that can probably answer this question better than I can because I am not a racer, but I am going to give my 2 cents anyway. How about a CR250? Considering your weight of 220 pounds and experience, I would imagine a 250 2t would suit you well. I would suggest a CRF250R, but you may get bored with that bike quickly. At the end of the day, it sounds like you probably have the experience to pick your own bike without our help.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well if you are looking for a second race bike it would seem the class and rules of the orginization you race in would diictate that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom