CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
KDX's in magazines....about one mention embedded in an article about every 2 years. The only exceptions I can think of; motorcycledaily.com did a write-up about two months ago on the 220R and I think the KDX200 got an honorable mention (behind the KTM200) in DirtRider in an off-road shootout.

There isn't anything new to report about them. Not until the KDX is updated or replaced will you see them in a magazine.

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
rv6junkie said:
There isn't anything new to report about them. Not until the KDX is updated or replaced will you see them in a magazine.

Has anyone heard when Kawi is going to update the KDX? The KX has gone through several generations since the KDX was last updated. It seems that Kawi would have a KTM killer if they updated the KDX with the latest engine and suspension technology.

Oh, and I'd place an order as soon as it was announced!

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
It's a shame big companies like Kawasaki Heavy Industries doesn't relize this....throw us a bone. All we want is a KX chassis with a 200/220 engine in it. Tooling would not cost a thing. A chassis version using same generation KX frame.Have they no idea how many would be sold ????????????

billc

Mar 13, 2004
As much as we like it,the KDX is old news as far as the mags are concerned.
If and when Kawasaki updates the KDX it could be an absolutely awesome bike! And there definately is a market for it....something like a KDX 300 would be nice.

cadjocky

Apr 4, 2003
I'm with trailryder ... a KDX engine in a KX125 frame would suit me fine. I would have purchased a $4500 KDX over a $5200 KTM200 if I had the chance. Now my green goes to orange.

I guess there's no money in it for Kawasaki to do that. But come on ... no changes since 1995 ???

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
If Kawasaki just bolted the KX front end on a KDX they would sell like hotcakes and even current owners would buy new ones.I too in the late 90's traded the kdx in for a orange punkin, but didn't like the power delivery and am back on a kdx.

03KDXHOPPER

Nov 23, 2004
People, I hate to admit it, but I think the environmentalists will have a say in this deal. The 2-stroke is fading away because of its pollution (on the environmentalist end), and because of the performance characteristics. Riders like 4 stroke bottom end power because it's more forgiving. KDX is not in popular racing classes.
I'd personally like to see the KDX continued, but I have a feeling 2006 will be the last year, and I'll be buying 12 packed in cosmoline (if I could just win the lottery).

Otherwise, I think we're stuck learning how to tweak and tune and rebuild 4 strokes. Something to think about for college for the young folks out there. KLX is the model that will probably replace it. I hope they never quit at least making parts for the KDX...ever.

Anyone have trails being closed down in their riding areas? I used to ride in Northern Colorado...for several years running, family camping there for 50+. They have closed at least 1 trail for erosion and watershed concerns, and plan to close more next season. Further, the USFS has new policy changes on the make for US forest land. So far the only discussion to the FS website I've seen is from people in support of preserving these watershed boundaries and preventing erosion. I haven't seen a lot of argument about how many trail riders respect the land and don't tear it up or deviate from designated trails, let alone the other side of the impact of OHV's on watershed boundaries...

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
03KDXHOPPER said:
KLX is the model that will probably replace it. I hope they never quit at least making parts for the KDX...ever.

Nope. KDX250F.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom