Jan 13, 2007
I am new here, just got in to riding, and looking for information on places to ride in the Yokosuka / Tokyo area. I am moving to Japan in 3 months, and dont want to bring my bikes if they are going to collect dust. Any other Navy (or Air Force) riders in the Japan area, please drop me a line!!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If your stay in Tokyo is to be a year or more, you might consider purchasing a dual sport when you get there. You would be able to explore by road and find the offroad areas which I am sure are far and few in between. We have had members post from time to time that were in Japan so there is some offroad riding. Good Luck and thanks for serving in the US Military.

84cr125flyer

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2002
The only area I know of is West Point and it's about an hour away from Yokota AB, which unfortunately is about an hour to hour and a half from Yokosuka.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.westpoint.co.jp/

If you've got Google Earth here are the coordinates:

Latitude: 35°56'23.92"N
Longitude: 139°32'15.80"E

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
84cr125flyer said:
The only area I know of is West Point and it's about an hour away from Yokota AB, which unfortunately is about an hour to hour and a half from Yokosuka.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.westpoint.co.jp/

If you've got Google Earth here are the coordinates:

Latitude: 35°56'23.92"N
Longitude: 139°32'15.80"E
You would never find a place like that in the states, right next to a golf course! Looks cool. Is there four tracks there?

84cr125flyer

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2002
At the time I was there they had three; supercross, outdoor track, and a practice track. So, it appears they've added a fourth since then, I left in 2004. I too thought it was odd that a golf course was near the track but since land is at a premium in the developed areas they really had no place to put it. The Japanese aren't sue crazy like we Americans are. As far as the dirt was concerned, I couldn't find a set of tires that worked well, it was hard as cement when dry and slick as grease when wet; nothing in between. Also, that's the only place I've been were I've seen grown men riding 80's. I guess it helps when you're only 5'2" and about 125 - 130lbs soaking wet. I know there are other tracks in the area but it was the closest to base, and my reading Japanese isn't the greatest. Compounded with the fact there aren't too many street signs in English or Japanese we didn't venture into the styx too often.

Top Bottom