looking for the perfect two day trip

jstiff1

Nov 3, 2005
I've managed to swing two days off. Looking for a great ride with a decent motel to stay at. Usually, I ride evart, st. helen or gladwin, but looking for something new. What do you say? Some guys tell me that Mio is pretty nice.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
go to da up!

upnorth

Feb 3, 2005
I live in Grayling and have road Mio Bullgap and the Meadows loop. Both great trails. And road Wolverine trails. Which is also a great trail. You will not be disapointed either way. Let me know if you do the Mio area and if you want someone else to tag along.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
stiff1 - what type of trail do you prefer? That may help narrow things down for you.

Mio is a a fun but short loop 27 miles. It has a good mix of everything. Not to many whoops last i rode it - some though - some sand, some hills, some rocks, some roots. fun quick loop. It then ties into the Hunt Creek loop at 35 miles. Hunt creek has a few rather bad whoop sections (which may have been groomed - the groomer was in the area not long ago) - east side (once past the whoops) has some tighter stuff, some hills. West side is much more open - fast, wider, sandy. Last I rode it - lots and lots of face slappers.

Bull Gap and Meadows - not on my favorites list - wide, quaded out stuff...fun enough i guess, but not my thing. Off top of my head dont recall milages there...but many miles of riding between the two (they tie together)

A bit further north to Atlanta (my home turf) - you have Atlanta A, B and C for a total of around 80 miles of ORV trail, plus a bunch of ORV route. C is a nice easy loop, 40 miles or so - no real bad whoop sections, scenic, ample quad width though - criss crosses off and on ORV route. A (20 mies or so) and B (20 miles or so) were both recently groomed (hey if you ride this and find a kick starter on the north west side of A loop LMK - it belongs to a buddys 525EXC!) - a few whoop sections remain on the south east side. Up the west side, some nice trail, not exactly tight, but quite enjoyable. Down the east side generally tighter than the west side (watch out for one bad mud hole a few miles north of where the B loop cut off joins the east side). Criss cross ORV route on the west side. A plus for the Atlanta trail system is that any ORV - even with NO street legal plate, IS legal on all county roads. Makes it easy to play around and explore that way.

Wolverine - 3 loops to choose from (dont have mileages off top of my head) some good stuff there...but also has some whooped out and wide stuff to. Fun trail.

I would offer to ride with you if you come this way - but I am laid up from riding for a while.

FLEM

Sep 22, 2004
when you going? gonna be up in Waters just south of Gaylord, I was planing on bringing the bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…