Looking to really get into riding (especially racing)

etjoyride

Aug 7, 2007
Hey guys, i'm looking to get a bike and figured i'd start right here with the great knowledge of this forum.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) about 5"8ish (still growing) and 140ish
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? physically fit- really into sports (soccer, paintball, mtb, etc)
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? woods at my ranch as well as tracks
4) Do you have any riding experience? plenty of 4-wheeler riding (no racing) and ridden some 80cc's and 110's a few times
5) Do you think you will race ? YES
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yup, i do a large amount of work on my jeep and love all things mechanical
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? probably a 2 stroke for lightness and peppyness (thinking a honda or yammy 125)
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? plenty of dealers, planning to buy used unless i strike a half/half deal with my parents
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? under 1500 if my own, under 2500 if split with parents (hopefully including helmet and boots at least)
10) Do you live in California? no, texas
11) Your age? 16
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I'm pretty intense in things like this, big in downhill mountain biking and what not. I've been trying to get a bike for years but am only just now being allowed to. I'm going head on into this sport and hope to get as much from it as possible.

Thanks!

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Welcome to DRN!

I have ALMOST the exact same story as you! :D

I am 17, rode four wheelers for 10 years, want to race, have been saving for a bike for a few years, and am almost the same size/weight as you. AND I drive a Jeep Wrangler. :laugh: AND, I am also splitting my cost of my bike with my parents (hopefully, if I get good grades). Im in the Houston area though. :ride:

Yamaha and Honda are the two most-preferred brands it seems. And a 125 or 250f would be just about perfect for your size. I'm looking for an 01-06 ish YZ125 and a job. :yell:

Also, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has great deals on their closeout gear.

Good luck!

etjoyride

Aug 7, 2007
looks like we're in the same boat (except i drive a cherokee) I'm waiting for my step-dad to get home so i cna talk to him. he's mentioned buying a bike a few times and now maybe something will come of it.

awalk3

Aug 10, 2007
DUDE! Me 2, ima be there for the race and the bikini contest. I recently moved here from Cali, and wanted to get into riding bikes. And i was hoping to make a mx buddy a long the way. If you got a myspace let me know. Perhaps, once we both get bikes, we can go ridin. I also hope to get a small truck around xmas, to go on my own.

etjoyride

Aug 7, 2007
we have a trailer already for our four wheelers along with 2 trucks plus my jeep that can tow.

myspace.com/ethang is my myspace.

Top Bottom