Looks like Spider is sidelined for a while

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Spider is on Spring break from college and got the opportunity to go with 3 friends for 4 days of snowboarding in Colorado. To good of an opportunity to pass up with lodging at a relative of one of the guys. Dream like conditions on Monday and then today at 1:45PM I get the phonecall- "Dad you are gonna love it........I broke my wrist." :( I finally get through to him at the Breckenridge Medical center just as he is going in for Xrays he seems more in shock then pain. Finally another call back both bones are broken above the wrist.
I HATE SNOWBOARDS :yell: This makes 4 broken arms for him on snowboards 3 in one year (2 at the same time)
Looks like his debut in the A class is going to be delayed.
Now gotta figure out if he needs to come home for followup or if he can wait to ride back with the guys at the end of the week

Ok I don't feel any better but it helped to vent

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DAMN. Sorry to hear it Dave. Pass that along to him too. Hopefully it's not his writing hand?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
DAMN. Sorry to hear it Dave. Pass that along to him too. Hopefully it's not his writing hand?
writing hand isn't as bad as if it's your wiping hand . . .

Like father, like son, Dave? Hope he heals up quick.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Funny thing I didn't think to ask which one :bang: Not that it makes much differance
Yeah the wiping hand is a major problem which he is familiar with from the past :uh:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
LOL...

I love snowboarding. The first time i did it i broke my wrist :nod:. It was even the first run. So my dad made me go agian because he paid weekend/holiday rates and he wasent wasting it. toome me an hor and a half to go down the hill... Good times.... GOOOD times.

And that sucks. Sorry to hear this bad news.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Sorry to hear that! Skiing is so much better than snowboarding :cool: Hope he heals quick!

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Ouch! Where in Colorado was he? I spent all of last week in Aspen skiing and snowboarding. I prefer snowboarding but they are looked down upon on aspen mountain so I decided I would try skiing after my 4 yeah hiatus. Hope he heals quickly!

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
How about that. A class rider on a dirt bike and he keeps breaking him self on snowboarding... I am not sure what to say about that. Kinda of stump. well I hope he feels better, after all the brite side is he won't be out the racing season.. :cool:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dang Dave... We wish him luck going into surgery.
The first time I took my board out I sprained my wrist really bad...you know the kind where they say, "You know you would have been much better off breaking it."

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Sorry to hear that Old Guy,metal plates suk! What ever happened to casts?Spider,heal quickly,mendota is right around the corner.Should have went to redbud this weekend and played safe! Could of,would of and if,and he is in surgery out there,hang in there Old Guy!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Thanks everyone I guess the broken wrist wasn't that bad I hate the thought of the surgery by himself but I guess many have done it alone before and survived just great still I wish I was out there

I figure it must have been a pretty good break because he was telling his friend to get a picture of it before they straightened it out the first time I talked to him.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sorry to hear the bad new Dave. Hope he heals quick and well. I also hope that he picks up skiing as a 2nd sport :nod:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
oldguy said:
I figure it must have been a pretty good break because he was telling his friend to get a picture of it before they straightened it out the first time I talked to him.

Niiicee!!! At least it sounds like he's in good spirits!

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I broke my leg snowboarding across the growth plate, and now one leg isn't growing as much as the other one. Soon I will have to have my left foot peg a couple of inches higher than my right foot peg.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
kmccune said:
Sorry to hear the bad new Dave. Hope he heals quick and well. I also hope that he picks up skiing as a 2nd sport :nod:
Yes I couldn't agree more. He started on skis then when he was 12 all his friends snowboarded so he started it also. Got good enough to be an instructor the next season at 13 then broke one arm in January and both at once in December. Snowboarded another 2 seasons then went to skis. Has been an instructor now for 2 years on skis but when his friends invited him along since they were all boarding he decided to also. I tried to talk him into not boarding his 1st time out west but.........

Talked to him just a few minutes ago and he should be in surgery around 7:30 or so Mountain time (2 surgeries before his). The break is half way between the wrist and elbow on his right arm. Both bones snapped clean with no visible chips but displaced by about 2".

Hopefully will have a final word sometime tonight

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Damnit, well that sucks a big one! :bang: Heal up soon Eric!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
MrLuckey said:
Damn Dave, Sorry to hear that. Broken Spider posts have been coming a little too often the last 3-4 years :( Heal up quick young man!
His mom just talked to him still waiting his turn in surgery :bang: . She said he souded a bit scared about the surgery since this is his first time. I sure hope he doesn't get as comfortable with it as I am :whoa:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
oldguy said:
I sure hope he doesn't get as comfortable with it as I am :whoa:

It do suck, to get old and experienced :whoa: ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Sorry to hear about the bad news Dave. I grew up on 2 sticks every weekend of my life and can't imagine strapping myself to a water ski in the snow. It seems so foreign and I just don't get the attraction. That said... I know of 2 people that were ski people that decided to cross over and ended up with broken wrists. I guess it's a common injury. One of the two was about 55 when he decided to give the board a go.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I guess he doesn't need to barrow crutches. ;) Hope he heals up quick.
BTW, Dave, has the ER got a coffee mug with your name on it?

Top Bottom