Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
While i was cleaning my bike today i noticed the front rim seemed loose. So i put it on the stand and had a buddy sit on it while i wobbled the front rim. Sure enough it is loose. It does not wobble to bad but it still bothers me that it does. What do you guys think it is a 2001 Yz 125. Is there a way to tighten it and would replacing hte front bearings help any? Thanks in advance.

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
Ok thanks. Ill take it to my dads shop on monday to replace them. Im thinking of using pivotworks. Are they a good company or are there better bearings? The rim also has a very slight bend in it can i ride with it like that or will it do damage if i ride on it? Thanks

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
The pivotworks bearings will be fine.

The rim may be able to be trued by a shop, but if it is really slight as you say, it likely isn't a big worry. It's not like you don't pick up mud on your tires that throw things off more than a slight bend in a rim.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Pop the little rubber seals off of the bearings prior to installation, and cram as much greese in them as possible.......they're very dry from the factory.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Cram as much grease in there as you can. Every time I change a tire, or ride in real wet/sloppy conditions, I pop the little seal off the outside (what's accessible) and re-load. All companys deliver bearings almost dry.......Pivot Works uses bearings made in Korea, not quite the quality of Jap bearings.......but ok. Loading up the dust seal's cavity with grease will also help prevent dirt from getting to the bearing. Put a light coat of grease on axle too before sliding in......it'll keep things from "freezing up" next time. Just keep em greased, and they'll last a long time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom