Loud sucks, so what pipe is the quietest

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
I have a 2001 Yamaha WR250F that the previous owner took the baffle out of, what would be the best option, I want it to be more quiet but I also dont want to lose tons of power, any suggestions?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Look for a stock one on the auction site or check into a FMF Q.

May 10, 2007
the Q definately helped w/ my bike though it is still loud.

you can also look in the DB dawg. from what i have heard (which isnt much cuz its quiet. GET IT QUIET SO I HAVENT HEARD IT HAHA) it can take it down 10 DB though i dont know if thats normal. it also doesnt take away much power either. again i dont have one though so i dont really know. this is what i have read.

Links

Aug 9, 2007
i have a yz250f with a Q4. it is more quiet than stock. it seemed to lose some snap on the bottom end but as the pipe broke in it came back some. It has a removable spark arrestor for motocross. I would say it lovered the db's down to 93-95. My neighbors and i love it.

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
I do have to say, this is the best thing ive ever done to the bike! its still just as fast and really quiet!

dirtyyzf

Dec 5, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
the Q definately helped w/ my bike though it is still loud.

you can also look in the DB dawg. from what i have heard (which isnt much cuz its quiet. GET IT QUIET SO I HAVENT HEARD IT HAHA) it can take it down 10 DB though i dont know if thats normal. it also doesnt take away much power either. again i dont have one though so i dont really know. this is what i have read.

wait its an insert that takes the noise to 10dB! Ama racing it cant be louder then 96dB or something like that. dont understand how it can be that quite. is the product called the Db Dawg is that what your saying?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dirtyyzf said:
wait its an insert that takes the noise to 10dB! Ama racing it cant be louder then 96dB or something like that. dont understand how it can be that quite. is the product called the Db Dawg is that what your saying?
read more carefully. It reduces the noise by 10dB

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I have and indorse the DB dawg as a great way to lower the sound output on any four stroke.
I have one installed on my 07 KXF450 and it works!!!!! To the point that my riding buddie says HE CAN'T HEAR ME SNEAKING UP ON HIM.
This thing is great and at less than $40.00 dollars they work and we all should be using at least something like this as we are going to loose more riding area's due to sound faster than any outher road block we now face!!!!!
One last thing drill a small hole in the DB dawg and attach safty wire as they are made to be removable and do work loose after a long time of use. The safty wire will at least keep it from being shot out and breaking your riding buddies nose :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom