Low End Bog

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Thanks David and Tom. Hadn't thought to check the bore of the carb yet. If work will ever allow me to play I am going to get this thing fixed.

loyd

Dec 24, 2001
i know its been said before but check the power valve with engine running (remove pipe, r/h kips actuator cover, check total travel u can achieve,replace pipe having left small cover off) now with engine running check power valve is returning as it should . I had this trouble & the power valve was not returning when running

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Well it's been almost a month guys and after much overtime, many kids ballgames and sqeezing in a couple of rides I finally got my KDX 220 whipped into shape.

I ended up with new Boysen 607 Power Reeds, new 13T front sprocket (13-50).I am running with a #145 main, #42 pilot, stock needle 2nd. clip from top and the AS 1 1/3 turns out. Oh and new green Scott grips.

It had good power before but now it really rocks. It's smooth from 0 to WOT. I had a blast just riding it around the yard yesterday, can't wait until I can get it on the trails. Whooo Weeee!!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

I want to thank everyone for there suggestions and advice. I really learned alot about my bike. I think it was the green grips that turned into a rocket. Hee Hee

Now I'm ready to go kick some dirt, or maybe mud considering all the rain we have been getting. I am begining to think the Pacific North West has moved down South. Thanks again. :thumb:

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by srhill
I had a blast just riding it around the yard yesterday, can't wait until I can get it on the trails.

Where do you ride in Killen? My father lives on Wilson Lake and I'd love to know I could take my KX500 down there to "visit" him...

Inquiring old geezer wishes to know....

Mark

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Power lines up around Zip City that my dads farm ties into. Bankhead National Forrest has about 23 miles of trails. There kind of tame but fast. Lots of banked turns and straight aways. Check out the North Alabama Trail Riders Assoc. web site.

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by srhill
Power lines up around Zip City
Bankhead National Forrest has about 23 miles of trails.

Zip City? (Refraining from all sorts of jokes here) :-)

If I get down there soon, maybe we can hook up... BTW, if you get air in 3rd gear in your back yard, I'd like to see that yard! Must be a monster..

Another possible ride site in the database....

Mark

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
The story on Zip City is if you blink your eyes you will have zipped right through or something like that.

re: big yard
I may have strayed onto my neighbors place a little. If I need to open it up a little more (3rd.) there is about 10 acres across the road that I can use. It used to be an old bridal and saddle club. I try not to wear out my welcome there.

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
On my '03 KDX, I just installed CarbonTech #107LT reeds and a Pro Circuit pipe. I also have a low end bog that the air screw wouldn't solve. Also, the plug looks a little light for comfort. I picked up a 45 pilot, and a 148 main to try tonight. Only other mod is the air box. Get back to ya tomorrow.

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Let me know I will be interested in what you find out.

After you get your jetting figured out you will really like the boost your PC pipe will add.

sledman

Oct 23, 2002

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Your saying a bike DEALERSHIP 'setup' your new 220 with a 140? Man...I would be raising some hell about that!!!

What a complete screwjob! They have no idea (I suppose) how it's going to be ridden, what fuel is going to be used...they know NOTHING...and they pull a bonehead move like that?

I am aghast.

Check this out:
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60392&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=1

Read it all the way through. You're looking at plugs from the SAME bike, different plugs on the SAME day, SAME fuel, SAME track...but DIFFERENT riders!! Look at the difference!!!

sled: Where did they put your clip? #1?

Hope you give 'em some SERIOUS heartburn over this!! It is inexcuseable!

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
Clip in #3. The 140 is standard around here for SUMMER, MOUNTAIN riding. AND... they know I'm an avid snowmobiler, so they probably thought I wouldn't be on it much till late spring or early summer, as we ride sleds into May. NOT...I got a brand new bike, and the good snow won't be in the mountains until December! I did have a talk with the service manager, who I know quite well, and he thought that they were leaving the stock 145 main in place. He then recommended I put a 145 in it, offered to supply it free of charge, and recommended that I go to the 140 in the summer for the mountains. Here in the valley, we ride at about 2850' in the winter. But when it gets cold (lower 30's), I'll be in the mountains on my new 800RMK anyway!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I recalled you being way up in the stratosphere. Still, a dealer taking it upon hisseff to put in a 140 in a new bike is not a good thing.

Sorry 'bout the griping. Obviously you know what you're doing and have the situation under control.

Have fun riding (driving, whatever!)

What kind of bike is an 800RMK anyway??? ;)

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
Polaris 800 RMK.....Snowmobile....MOUNTAIN SLED....as compared to a trail sled. 487 #'s dry - 135 H.P. out of the box....add an SLP single fatty pipe and gain another 15 H.P.! Yahoo! Our season goes from (usually) Thanksgiving weekend until well into May! Ya, Baby!

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
Canyon...send me yer e-mail and I'll send you a cool pic of me climbing through a boulder field (on 9' of snow) at the end of April on my old 700 RMK.

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
9 feet of snow! wow!!!
I bet it hasn't snowed 9' total in my lifetime in my neck of the woods.
sledman lower 50's is cold, lower 30's is freezing last time I looked. It does sound fun though. "No Alabama jokes please"

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You should be able to do that by clicking on 'profile'...unless that is a 'registered' exclusion, anyway...ccmaint@cdsnet.net

I didn't know there were 'mountain' sleds and 'trail' sleds.

This isn't too much DRN related....I'd use a PM..but it don't work.

Including a pic is as simple as <click> and <browse>..from a subscriber point of view. ....not happening from a registered point of view.

Last edited:

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
Check out Polaris's web site for the different types of sleds....
AND, about the bog....45 pilot, 145 main, clip in #2, she works GOOD! Full day in the desert yesterday at between 2800 and 3000 feet, and about 47 degrees. AWESOME! The combination of the CarbonTech reeds and the Pro Circuit pipe really added a lot! The pipe fit SO well, also! Slid right on. Thanks for all the help, evryone!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…