KDX AL

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Guys I Have Noticed On My 2001 Kdx 200 That When I Clean/drain The Silencer There Is A Fair Bit Of Spooge That Comes Out,the Carby Settings As Far As I Know Are At Factory Settings,factory Pipe Is Still On It No Mods Done To Bike, And Run Fuel Mix At 32-1 And Use Castrol Tts 2 Stroke Oil,what Do Guys Suggest.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Twist the throttle harder?

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
Okiewan said:
Twist the throttle harder?

sounds funny but he's right :nod:

there are hundreds of guys out there who tune their carbs to prevent spooge instead of jet it for the most power. I don't care about that spooge and when I go for some playriding I am using a hotter plug

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Usually the idle screw is on the side of the carb at the base of where the slide rides. The small brass one is the air screw. It controls the amount of air allowed to mix with the fuel at closed to very small throttle opening. You can feel the effects of an adjustment in responsiveness when opening the throttle. The next stage of fuel metering is the needle. As the slide goes up the needle raises out of the main jet. The needle is tapered so as it goes up it allows more fuel flow. Once the throttle is wide open the main jet is flowing at full potential.

Mar 10, 2007
_JOE_ said:
Usually the idle screw is on the side of the carb at the base of where the slide rides. The small brass one is the air screw. It controls the amount of air allowed to mix with the fuel at closed to very small throttle opening. You can feel the effects of an adjustment in responsiveness when opening the throttle. The next stage of fuel metering is the needle. As the slide goes up the needle raises out of the main jet. The needle is tapered so as it goes up it allows more fuel flow. Once the throttle is wide open the main jet is flowing at full potential.
according to my manual my idle adjusting screw is the one on the top. Will this make the bike bog down and want to stall? What about the other screw, will this make it bog down and want to stall. Will either one of these prevent the bike from starting if not adjusted properly. When it does start it seems to be smoking alot more than usual if that makes a difference. I'm going to go buy a new plug and see if that helps any. Sorry if i sound like an idiot i'm trying to learn about these things. Thanks

Top Bottom