KTM Aviator

May 3, 2001
Where are some single track woods riding in lower Michigan? I live in the Chicago area and looking for places to ride that are with in a few hours of a drive.
Thanks,
John
KTM300

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Aviator,

Unless you own property (or know someone who does), there is no woods riding in lower Michigan. We have to drive two hours from Lansing to find any trails.

Mike Jr.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
ktm aviator,

Where do you currently ride? I live north of you about 20 minutes in Bartlett. I currently ride at Wardy's in Ottawa and also in Casey (3.5 hours). Let me know if you find something new or want to go ride sometime.

howellc4

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2001
KTM Aviator,
I live in the Chicago area too, NW Indiana.
I ride Buffalo Range in Ottowa, IL Badland in Attica, IN. Those are the two most known within a 2-3 hour drive. We also take long weekends to ride in Mich. (up North), Missouri, Kentucky. Drop an e-mail howellc4@aol.com if you need info. on any of these places. Will be at Ottawa Thanksgiving weekend.
SSPMXC, where's Wardys? Is that he new track north of Ottowa?

Doc

Two-Stroke Nut
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 9, 2000
Sounds like there are a lot of us in the Chi-town area. We should get togather for a ride. Soon, before the snow. Or, a snow run would be cool.

Doc

KTM Aviator

May 3, 2001
Thanks for all the help on riding. It seems like everybody in IL. ride the same places. I will be riding Buffalo (Ottawa) after Thanksgiving if the weather holds out. I usually do the woods and hills . We usually have a good group that gets together. So you more than welcome to join.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Wardy's place in Ottowa can be found at www.megacross.com under fox valley offroad. They have woods and a small track. I also believe that he will be open all year versus Buffalo which I understand closes for the winter. I will riding down south over the Thanksgiving weekend but would be interested in riding in early December if the weather holds. The other option is to take a short road trip to Lincoln Trails (where Dirtweek was) - better chance on weather in December.

KTM Aviator

May 3, 2001
I am not a big fan of Wardy's. I just rode there and I thought it was very small. I don't like the idea riding with Quads in the same area because it makes it very dangerous if you are on a bike...

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
ktm aviator,

I know what you mean - Wardy is trying to get another 100 acres on the other side of the creek. Anyway - have you tried Lincoln Trails(240 acres or so) in Casey? This is where Dirtweek has been the last 2 years. It is about 3.5 hour drive. Very good place - rode there yesterday and they are open year round.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Riding in Lower Mich

Aviator,
There is plenty of great riding in lower michigan if you know where to go. Black Mountain ORV area has some excellent riding nd probably the best scramble area in the state. It used to be a ski resort back in the 40's, but has been shut down for a number of years. I would say that it's one of the lower peninsula's best kept secrets for the dirt rider. You can get a map of the area on the Michigan DNR website. I think it may actually be a shorter drive for you to come up the Upper Peninsul with us Yoopers though. You can make it to Marquette County in about 5/6 hours from Chicago. The riding up here is far superior to anywhere downstate.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Riding in Lower Mich

I almost forgot about Silver Lake sand dunes just north of Grand Rapids. I've been there a number of times and had a blast. The only problem is that you may need to invest in a paddle tire, as the entire place is sugar sand.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom