David Lovett

Feb 14, 2002
Howdy from Cincinnati! My 14 year 5'5" son is considering moving up from his TTR125 to a "more full size bike". The KDX200 with its 18/21 inch wheels and smooth power may be just the ticket. However, for simple trail riding I fell the seat height will cause more harm than good for a rider of this size.

Does anybody make shock links to extend/lower the rear end 1-3 inches? Can the forks be slid up in the triple clamps .5-1 inch to match the rear end? I am sure with this suspension mod and lower seat foam along with a smaller countershaft sprocket, this bike would be the ultimate trail racer. At 6'-0" I have done this to my DR250 Gadzuki and the lower ergonomics makes for better trail/trials response.

Any advice would help........

eunuch

May 23, 2002
Hi David.

Others will probably slate me for saying I did it, but I've lowered the forks by about an inch on my last 3 bikes and never found its impared the handling. But how would I know if I'd not got on with it because it was too tall? Works for me anyhow.

Works a treat on the KDX220.

Daz

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Look for KOUBA LINKS they offer 3 different length pull rods for lowering the rear. You can move the fork tubes up in the clamps AND you can remove some of the preload on the front springs.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
1. Take an electric knife and cut the seat foam down. (I did that)
2. www.devolracing.com lowering links that are adjustable for the rear suspension.
3. Lower the fork tubes in the clamps 1/2 inch to match the devol dogbones.
4. Sent your forks and shock to www.mx-tech.com to get them lowered.
5. Cut the subframe.

With the Devol/lowering fork tubes you can get 1/2 inch and cut 1.5 inches of seat foam out and lower your bike 2 inches. This would be the cheapest and easiest way to get 2 inches that you can get back as he grows. All you will need to do is replace the seat foam later, move the forks back and remove the dogbones.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom