karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Anyone know the best method for cutting down the foam on the seat.  I need to lower mine about 1 inch and want to cut down the foam rather than spend bucks on the suspension.  Anybody done this,  whats the best way to do it?

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
I just lowered my KDX seat.

First I used a electric knife. Since the foam is soft. I was hard to get a uniform seat. So what I found best was to use a drill with a 3inch diameter cylinder covered with sand paper (availlable at any home hardware store).
It made the job a lot easier and you can modify the shape of the seast as you want.

Patrick

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I used an electric knife and then smoothed it out with a belt sander. Worked great.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I also used an electric knife. But I then sanded the foam by hand to get the right shape. I was able to knock off a little over an inch. After using the knife, I used some 80 grit paper and then finished it off with 240. It turned out very well. I have done three seats in this matter and it doesn't take very long.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Yeah! I rounded the seat on my KX500 with a belt sander. Works great!!! I made it more narrow so I can touch the ground better. It is soooo much more comfy now!!!

Top Bottom