70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Has anybody  any idea's on lowering a 92 xr250. Other than cutting down the seat or lowering the forks! thank in advance! :confused:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I know Devol makes lowering links for the cr85 and i think for some xr's. Go to mx south web site thats where i found mine.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Send the front forks and rear shock off the Jeremy and do it right. Costs you about $350.

Links are OK if you like tires rubbing fenders and wierd changes to the progressive rising rate of your rear suspension.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ya kinda what I was thinking. To boot the bike has "White power supension" front & rear that works really well. I should just look for a good used xr200 till he learns how not to put his foot down! what does jeremy do to lower it, spring's? Thanks anyway.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
I'd say call/email him and ask him. I think they put spacers in somewhere and re-do the valving so that the first part of the stroke is not sitting in the old mid-stroke. I don't know if they cut the springs or can order shorter ones, or order new softer ones and cut them Pat. Shortening a spring increases its spring rate, so it depends on the rider weight. The current springs may be usable if they are on the soft side for the rider today.

I like the XR200 idea if the guy is still growing. Or maybe a TTR125 will tide him over until he gains some height?

I think you mean WHite Bros suspension, not White Power, right?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Nope, WP forks & shock. The bike has a white brothers 280 kit & a XR Only header & super trap SA. Also a 33mm flat slide carb. This is my winter bike. so I relly don't want to change it to much. Josh is about as big as he's going to get. So he should really just learn to ride the beast. Maybe a little more seat time will help him out?

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Wow, sounds like a trick pony at one time with the engine and susp mods Pat.

Yea leave it alone for now. You can always do the old back off the preload/drop the forks in the clamps routine to pick up an inch or so.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I was told, that she was an old NETRA Enduro bike, I picked her up last fall in Cleveland, and gave her a little love. The bike really fly's. I will most likely just drop the forks a bit and back off the shock a little for Jr.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
My 280 is a bit enemic at altitude but has plenty of go at sea level. Still, it is my favorite bike up here overall right now.

The 600 is being prepped now for a one day, 400 mile, 12 of the highest dirt road passes in CO ride this Saturday. Leaving Woodland Park at 5:30a, should be in Glenwood Springs by dark.

Sound like fun? Leo.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
one more option - my suspicion is the WP stuff is taller than stock - any chance you can pick up a stock shock and fork/clamps for it cheap? The stock forks have 10.5 inches of travel and most likely the WPs are 13 or 13.5.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Never thought of that? I'd be able to leave all the WP stuff alone? and just stuff the stock stuff on for the summer/ jr rides. I should of bought him a KDX. I've a old 86 xr600, what do you do to get that beast to start? I weigh 215lbs and can just barly kick it over! the bike runs great but is a hard starter. it's one of the ones with twin carbs.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
mine has the auto decompressor. Just flip the choke on and kick it until it starts when cold. No need to mess with TDC, however it does help when it is warmed up.

The only swap difficulty I can thing of might have to do with the head bearings, if they made some sort of change there with the custom triple clamps for the WP forks.

Top Bottom