dougjc

Mar 23, 2003
I own a 03 KDX220r, all stock except 2- 2" holes drilled in the air box cover. I am definitely running rich, especially since I am a new rider and tend to bog the engine a bit in 2nd and 3rd gear on tight woods trails. Stock main jet is 145, stock pilot is 42. I ride at sea level and it obviously will be getting hotter on the east coast so it will get richer as it heats up.

Based on a massive search of this site, I intend to try a 142 main and 40 pilot. I found some good instructions on adjusting needle clip position and changing the pilot jet.

What are the steps for changing my main jet.

Thanks, Doug

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
too easy...turn fuel off and run carby dry or drain from drain plug.read on....loosen the clamps either side of carby so it will rotate in its boots...rotate it so u can see the bottom of carby... there should be a large nut. this is the drain plug.... remove this nut and in a channel just inside the carby your main jet is located.... use on the right size socket 6mm i think to take it out and put the new one in..DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE JETS THEY ARE NOT HARD TO STRIP SO BE CAREFUL WHEN INSTALLING...take your time and youll see its an easy job...goodluck

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I prefer to take the carb off the bike and work on it on a clean rag on my workbench. This way when something slips or falls out it does not get lost so easy. Plus while you have it off you can clean it and check your reeds too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom