xXxYZxXx

Aug 16, 2002
I posted this in another forum and no one was of any help, so I'm bringing it here. My 02 YZ 125 has been acting funny lately. There's a slight pinging coming from the engine I haven't noticed before, and whenever you let out the clutch from neutral into first, it has a serious loss of power, like it barely goes, then after a few seconds of holding the throttle wide open, it finally kicks in and the power is dead on, is keeps doing this everytime, even after filter cleans, jetting changes. I haven't really investigated anything else, and it's Prom weekend so I don't have much time. I was hoping you guys could help so maybe I could fix this at home and not have to take it to the shop, thanks.

xXxYZxXx

Aug 16, 2002
Sorry about the double post by the way, but when I check the powervalve should I check the push rods or the actual valves themselves for sticking, cuz I don't have the time to actually inspect each valve, but i can do the push rods in like 5 minutes

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by xXxYZxXx
I posted this in another forum and no one was of any help...
Maybe ya just don't like the advice you're given. :think:

Anyway, if ya want to check the powervalve operation, remove the 4 bolts, pull the front plate above the pipe and check the valves for proper operation. You say it has 'small pinging in the engine' & 'slight pinging coming from the engine' that does not sound like a stuck power valve.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Is there anyway that the stator may of moved?? When you say pinging and loss of power, thought of this.. Also, perhaps bad fuel??
Rick

bnr

Feb 27, 2002
Check your main jet. I had the same problem once. A piece of the oring (wrong size) from the bottom float bowl broke off and created a lean condition.

xXxYZxXx

Aug 16, 2002
Could getting a new topend help any, I haven't done a top end in awhile..it needs to be done anyway, but could that be part of the problem? Could the rings be worn and be causing some of the problem.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom