JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I bought a new Gas Gas 300 Saturday and wanted to hit Muenster on Monday, a federal holiday. So my son and I called for the gate code, loaded up, and drove up there. When we got there the place looked deserted; nobody up front at all. It was 31 degrees, so I thought maybe that was it. We unloaded the bikes and got dressed and took off toward the big meadow past the second gate. As we crested the hill and looked below we saw dozens of rigs parked in the meadow in one big group--covered race trailers, KTM box vans, pop-up shelters everywhere, and a hundred new-looking motorcycles and riders in brand-new gear. There was a catering trailer with smoke coming out and people lined up to get burgers.

Turns out it was a Tucker Rocky event to reward its best dealers. My Gas Gas dealer, Brian Storrie, was there, and he told me that Malcolm Smith and Randy Hawkins were there. He pointed to where Malcolm was standing with a small crowd around, so I walked over and shook his hand, told him I was a big fan. I didn't want to waste a bunch of his time, and I'm sure he gets tired of that sort of thing. So I just shook his hand and left. I wanted to wait around until he took off to ride--he said they hadn't ridden Bill's Woods yet but would later, but my son wanted to ride, not wait around. Besides, no way we could have hung with MS for more than a couple of corners.

We saw lots of fast guys out in the woods throughout the day, and sometimes we followed them for a while. Hell, for all I know one of them was Malcolm, and maybe I did get to ride with Malcolm Smith. As a matter of fact, I'm sure I did.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Y'all should have been at DW. He was there! :coocoo:

We were all shameful suckups at DW. Photos, autographs, you name it. I even cornered him in his trailer and got him to autograph the cover of my DVD copy of OAS. :yeehaw:

:) Great that you got to meet him. Tell us you were in TR gear ;)

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
We rode the Muenster ride...we won a contest(my son and I) put on by Tucker rocky.Randy hawkins and Malcolm really treated my son to a great time. They rode with him and i for several hours(of course there was a decent sized group). we followed Bill P into Bills woods for a great ride.
Got a lot of pics and some really good memories...
My son followed that up with a 2nd in the 200 c class at Bells toro race Sunday.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Malcom is great with the young ones, Tigger and he were almost unseperable at DW, she still talks about it.

Top Bottom