Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
DAMN that looks cool. Thanks Wardy, I can't wait to see the full production.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
VERY cool... looking forward to it.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Bill Tuman is number 51. I have heard alot of the storys, it's cool to see just a glimpse of it on film. Bill came to the only dirt track race i ever promoted, rode his Indian around and billy jr ( his son ) caught him. (dirt track bikes weren't allowed brakes back then) that was 10 years ago. Realize that Bill is 87 years old and put 2 pretty dam good laps in around our half mile limestone track. It may have been one of the last times he rode that bike before he sold it to a collector in Australia. Bill can't drive anymore, but still works a 40 hour work week as a fabicator and builder of things which his son designs on a comptuer. He still makes Indian parts at home in his machine shop. Bill Junior was a Amature MX champion at LL in the early 80's, i used to go and hang with them at the races around here all the time.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Looks like a lot of fun! I also looked at the 8mm collection...The woods scene at the beginning of first Pearl and Smitty collection (Enduro 1953) makes me feel a helluva lot better about the last couple times I road in the woods. lol. Something about that seen feels soooo familiar.

How about the guys with the sidecar Enduro? Lol. Now there's an event waiting to happen!!

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
oh cool story wardy.... How did those guys learn to live their lives so right?? Way cool.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I don't know, but can tell ya this. If i could manage to ride around a half mile on a vintage bike when i am 77 I would be a happy guy. Jeff Smith told me last week he works out every day, and last year he raced 30 races......... he is 73. oh and is in excellent shape..... I think he could out run me for sure!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
It's funny how you can be so oblivious to history as a kid. I didn't care much about Bill's background when I was a kid focused on racing MX. I use to talk to him when he was running the Fun Mart, and Billy was racing an XR75 in the mini class in D-17 & 22.

I should have been listening instead. Dumb kids, anyway. They think they know it all! ;) :bang:

I'm going to have to look him up next time I'm back in the Q. Cities. Looks like it's going to be a good movie! :cool:

Ken W.

Top Bottom