wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well went to take out my cr today ( i bought it in november and by the time i was done working on it i had only ridden it twice! :bang:
but any ways i have always heard of people switching the pj carbs off of the cr's and changing to a pwk. many people semed to have problems and i couldn't understand?
but now i have found one of the annoying little things of these dicontinued carbs..... the idle is the choke lever you have to twist the choke lever to set the idle, but every time you use the choke the lever will always spin alittle, thus messing w/ your idle.
when i took my bike out it wouldnt' idle worth a anything and didn't think that the idle was off, b/c i'm usually used to the pwk on my KX, which doesn't have this problem even though it is 2 years older.
but now i'm all set and goin ridin :aj: :aj: :aj:

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
True Dat man, I hear ya.

Although I'm at sea level here in Hawaii with a consistent climate of 70-80 degrees and 70-90 percent humidity, I could never get mine to idle good.

I had a '96 CR250 with a PJ on it. I could never get mine to idle consistently thru out the day of riding , Just when I thought I got it going good, it would always load up and kill the engine, I would have to keep blipping the throttle when at a stand still.

Now I have my 2002 CR250 with a PWK on it. I love it. Can't beat the PWK's. By habit I still blip the throttle though, although it doesn't need it.

ZACHYZ250

Apr 3, 2005
where could i find one of these hpk carbs because i haev one of the ones your talking about with the choke is the idle too and its horrible i hate it and need to get rid of it im just curious as to what carb would best fit my yz250 1999 ???????????????

Thumpdaddy

Mar 13, 2005
Service Honda.com Order the stock carb for the 2000 CR250 - $155. That is what I run on my 2002 and there is no fiddling required.

T-Diddy

Milhaus

Jan 26, 2005
Hmmmm...interesting. 2 questions: What bore size PWK (preferred year?) would be recommended for a mildly modded 2001 CR250 (i.e. reeds, pipe, etc., but not much else)? Would it perform better than the Mikuni the bike came with/currently has on it?

dafuzz89

Jun 16, 2004
Hello, I have a 2002 cr 250 I just bought last fall. I just ordered a pro circuit pipe and v force reed cage. I am also planning to change the exhaust flange to pro circuit and add a BONZ 5mm spacer. I am wondering what pwk carb should I buy ( what size did you install).

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
The 38mm from the 2000 CR250 should work great.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom