Man you're lucky you don't have a DT200

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
My friend owns one ('93 I think) and he loaned it to me while I'm working on mine to replace bearings inside the transmission.
To think that I almost bought one instead of a KDX! arghh
This thing has terrible suspension and the wheelbase is about 3 inches shorter which means its a death trap on the MX course.
Also its a short bike like its for japanese or something.
The carb doesn't even have an idle air screw on it.
The suspension is softly sprung but still hammers you on the track.
And there's no way to adjust the dampening!
I just found out that the electric motor that positions the power valve isn't working and even kills the bike if you connect its wires. Probably burned out due to the owner never cleaning the power valves and the stress to move the power valve was just too much.
Do you know if the battery has to be hooked up for it to work?
Anyone know why there's two hot water lines going from the head to the carb? (heat controlled choke action?)

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
What about power wise ??? I know you said the power valves weren't working but my mate has a dt175 and was thinkin about a dt200 and im tryin to convince him to go GREEN. One ride and im sure he know... GO GREEN !!!!!

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
It's got decent power down low and mid range but without an aftermarket pipe the top end doesn't wind out far. I know because with this one I've been manually changing the power valve position and seeing how it runs. With an aftermarket pipe I think it could haul butt equal to a modified KDX. But overall the thing isn't as strongly and as simply built as the KDX. It's much more of a street bike that looks like a dirt bike. And I think this one has some serious stiction in the suspension front and rear that beats you to death with little bumps or rocks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom