jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
yesterday i was not in the " mood " to work, so i gracefully called in sick...
called my brother up for a riding partner and of course he was in. we headed for maumee ohio for a simple day trip and we were going to catch the races at delta after.
everything we heard about maumee was bad, flat short and wide open. well, it sure wasn't that. it was a great mix of sand, mud and black dirt... there were fast sections and tight butt puckering areas, oh and the mud was deeper than one would think.
my brother sure does love that kdx220 he bought about a month ago. he managed to lay it over completely in a mud puddle, the bike was totally submerged. he lifted it out and one kick later it started...
about a mile later we were racing down a stretch that was pretty wide, fast and the whoops were perfect.. my mcr suspended rm250 was getting the best of him, then, it got the best of me. there is a section of, i'd say eight really great whoops coming out of a corner and one really big one at the end that drops down about five feet. for the next twenty five feet it is flat and the whoops pick up again. well i preloaded for the last one to get some air and grabbed a mitt full of gas. the front shot strait up ( it was odd looking up into the trees )
i rode on the back fender for the twenty five feet of the flats then hit the first whoop. i was to far back on the bike and ended up twisting the gas more. i went over back wards and the bike looped out. lucky i dragged for as long as i did, the impact wasn't that bad. a quick little damage assessment revealed: bars rotated but they dint look bent, mangled clutch lever, broken rear fender, slightly bent sub-frame ( right side at the silencer mount ) silencer is mangled and my sparky was 20ft in the woods.. i'm a little sore on the rear but all my digits work..
i guess there was a guy that was taken out of there in an ambulance earlier. his buddy said he fractured his shoulder and collar bone..

this carnage gives me the right to purchase:
ims 3 gallon tank
one industries alpha graphics kit
10oz steahly flywheel
new plastic
fmf turbine core

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I have always wanted to ride there because its so close to our house. How many miles is the loop?

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Are you referring to the trail in Swanton Ohio? Been there a million times....neat practice area. Do they still have a ton of whoops?

rickshaw

1350CFM

Feb 25, 2004
They list it as a 5 mile loop, But there seems to be alot more than that when you include all the off shoot single track trails. You'll be able to kill the better part of the day there. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN OHIO OHV STICKER! The ranger patrols the parking lot. Not sure if he writes tickets, But he will send ya home for sure.

It was pretty smooth one time we were there and another time it was whooped out pretty good. We actually had more fun on the whooped de doo's. Our boys thought it was a SuperX track on their 50's.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom