Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Another epic adventure with Team Taco Bell is in the books. Grant won his class and Tom ended up second even with a knee injury from MO. I had little things bug me all day so I didn't perform as well as I had expected, but I got some points toward my goal anyway. I improved my standings in each section a little bit. Jordan broke his rear brake line off and that wrecked his scoring chances but he did finish and got a few A 250 points anyway-a very tough class.

The race was different than expected, it wasn't as wide open as we expected and we didn't have our jetting right but we were able to ride the bikes Sat afternoon and get them a little better. My bike had no bottom end power at all. Grant had his dialed and Tom didn't have much top end.

Lots of cool gullies and caverns we rode in and out of and the first section was really slick especially for us guys on an early minute, we got a big storm the night before the race but the other sections dried out pretty much and it was dusty. There were a lot of cool jumps and when in the cedar trees they were really tight and didn't move a bit. Not any hill climbs at all really which was surprising. Lots of log crossings too.

We had a good time and we were glad we did it, the Honda Civic got us there for about $100 in gas so about $200 round trip-2700 Miles and about 20 hours each way. :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The two members of Taco Bell that would not fit in the Civic were racing in Bentley.

Glad to hear you guys had good rides in WY.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Bet that is a trip and a ride you all will always remember. I've been following your results and the TV coverage of the events and the riding looks fantastic.

tz140

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2009
fatherandson said:
The two members of Taco Bell that would not fit in the Civic were racing in Bentley.
I'm not sure it would have been possible for BK to even drive the Civic unless we took out the front seat and let him sit in the back.

salgeek said:
Bet that is a trip and a ride you all will always remember.

You're right...every trip with TTB is a memorable one.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Team Taco Bell on the line except for that Sr A guy on the Honda next to me. L to R. Me, Tommy Tightstuff, G. Michael Rivard, and Jordan Slurpee Mapes far right.

Attachments

• TTB WY.jpg
    TTB WY.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 287

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wildman1 said:
11E must be a member of Team Taco Bell? :)

Menu tester and team captain.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
GregB said:
Fred, was that you I heard on Z93 yesterday givin out Ponderosa perks!

Yes it was.

bermbuster100

Nov 24, 2009
Wyoming looks cool, however you had to miss the Valley Trail Riders enduro, which was by far and away the best D14 enduro of the year so far. Lots of smiling faces :) :) :) :) :)

tz140

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2009
bermbuster100 said:
Wyoming looks cool, however you had to miss the Valley Trail Riders enduro, which was by far and away the best D14 enduro of the year so far. Lots of smiling faces :) :) :) :) :)

We got to pre-ride the course a few weeks ago, so we didn't completely miss it.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
salgeek said:
Pre-ride = pre-mud

Yeah it was pretty wet then, don't know how it compared to the enduro but lots of standing and running water especially on the private property new stuff.

Top Bottom