KX04

May 29, 2005
Im am using maximas formula K2 oil in my 04 kx 125 and i am on my 2nd bottle of it and i noticed that the 2nd one i got said kart racing formula and the other is just racing formula i did mix the two oils together and they looked the same but that was before that i knew they were difrent ... is this the same oil or sumthing diffrent

thanks

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i would use it up in the weedwacker

spiller

Jun 27, 2005
Always use a well known reputable brand... Sounds like there was either something wrong with their previous oil supplier and changed, or they found a cheaper oil to re-brand and sell to you for the same price.

KX04

May 29, 2005
yea im not sure because their both maxima formula K2 oils the bottles look EXACTLY the same except for the little word that says kart racing insted of just racing the only thing that i could think of that would be difrent between karts and dirtbikes are power valves i dont know if karts have powervalves or not
im thinking its the same stuff cause it looks, smells and probly even tastes the same ..... and maxima is just probly making that one to appeal to kart racers or what ever
im just gunna take a chance and just run it .. and just be more carful next time

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
most karts ive seen, if im correct about what a kart is , have 125cc mx motors . sounds like youll be alright

KX04

May 29, 2005
i contacted maxima about this and this is what they said...

Josh,

When we first launched the Formula K2 it was geared towards hi-revving shifter karts, but quickly realized K2’s potential as an all around excellent oil. We then dropped the “kart” from the label. The oil is exactly the same – my guess is that the K2 kart bottle you have is 5+ years old.

Sincerely,

Danny

thanks everyone for the help

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
spiller said:
Always use a well known reputable brand... Sounds like there was either something wrong with their previous oil supplier and changed, or they found a cheaper oil to re-brand and sell to you for the same price.

ummmm, Maxima is a well known and reputable brand.

spiller

Jun 27, 2005
What a nissan maxima??

Jokes aside, Iv'e never heard of Maxima. Prolly dosent' help that I live on the other side of the world. still got amsoil elf motorex redline valvoline and most others, but can't be bothered naming...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom