Need help with bike making a funy noise.

XvXKx125

Apr 29, 2008
The other day after adding more gas and putting the same amount of oil in, by bike started to sound diffrent. The sounds hard to discribe but its almost like the bike cant hit the power band. IVe got a 1999 Kx 125. Can any one tell me why my bike suddnly started sounding difrent? Its still got the same amount of power..... maby even a bit more but when i rev it up the revs come down really quik. Thanks.

XvXKx125

Apr 29, 2008
32:1 and im mixing using a pre-measured cup that i pore the oil into and then pore it into the tank.

EDIT:
Ive got a 2.5 gallon tank. From my measures, for a 2.5 gallon tank, for me to mix it 32:1 i need to add 283.6ml of oil. Im canadian. 2.5 galons = 9.46 liters

EDIT:

Just remembered I changed the crank case oil the day befor... But i dont think that would change the sound of the bike...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, one problem, you shouldn't mix into the tank. Always mix into a jug. That way you can be sure that you're getting it mixed properly.

How is the idle, is it erratic? or is it steady?

XvXKx125

Apr 29, 2008
As it always has, the idle is steady and constant. Witch is the reason im not to scared about the noise. If it wasnt regular ide be scared my pistin was going.

If it would help... .When i get home from school i could make a video detailing the sound and post it on youtube.

XvXKx125

Apr 29, 2008
Ok so when i get home ill make a vid and then ill post it on you tube and when its done uploading ill bump this thread.

EDIT:

Any chance my carb could be dirty? Like befor it started making this noise i was practising on my home track (Requires high revs) So i was ranging from medium to high revs for almost 15-20 miniuts. Ive had the bike 2 years and havnt done a carb cit or cleaned the carb. Mostly because i dont know how. But ive changed the oil evry 2 weeks and have cleaned the air filter many times. I just dont want to lose my bike. Thanks agen.

allangee

Jun 26, 2007
You mentioned you were from Canada. As another Canuck...

Did you store the bike with fuel in it over the winter? Did you use stabilizer? Depending on what you mean by "sounds different" your carb could be dirty or varnished up.

Disassembling and soaking the carb could make a huge difference.

Also, have you, or has anyone else messed with your air screw or idle settings. It's one of the first things I check (because I have a couple of kids who like to monkey around in the garage).

Top Bottom