Maxima Super M premix users - What ratio?

Powerlock25

Jan 21, 2005
Been running cheapo yellow bottle Penzoil premix @ 40:1. Switching to Super M what ratio do yall run? If I stay with 40:1, should my jetting stay the same?

thanks

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
I use Maxima almost exclusively. Premix, gearbox, air filter, chain, etc. I have always been happy with all of their products. I don't believe that brand of oil makes much difference in ratio. If 40:1 Pennzoil was working for you then I would stay with 40:1 Maxima. That's what I mix for my KTM 300 EXC. I mix 32:1 for my KX250 because I twist the 250 harder than I do my 300. If you are staying at 40:1 you probably will not need to rejet. Mix it up and ride the bike. It will let you know if you need to change your jetting.

kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
Uhhh..... thought the Tollhouse recipe you mentioned in my thread was 40:1?

[Powerlock25]
Powerlock25 said:
Just cause Tollhouse says to put 2cups of Chocolate Chips in the cookie batter doesnt mean that 1.5 cup isn't plenty to make darn good chocolate chip cookies. Its a plot to send you back to the store to buy more Chocolate Chips!!! :)

I vote 40:1 for the reason of ease. Good lubrication. More gallons per mix.

Let's say you have a 5 gallon gas can. If you want to run 32:1, you can only put 4 gallons in it and mix a pint of premix.

By running 40:1 you fill that can with 5 gallons and your pint of premix.

You get a gallon more mixed gas. More playtime!!! Less $$$ spent on gas and premix. Less time at the pump!! less time mixing. More cookies, etc, etc....[/QUOTE
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom