XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
From www.motorcycledaily.com
For several years, Jeremy McGrath has taken it easy after the U.S. supercross season ends. This year, after being soundly beaten by Ricky Carmichael (now with Team Honda), McGrath has a different attitude. He raced at Mammoth in June, and will now race the U.S. Open on October 12 and 13 at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas -- a race he has boycotted for several years (initially, due to a dispute between McGrath and Fox Racing, a promoter of the race).

McGrath realizes he needs to be "race ready" when the AMA Supercross series begins in Anaheim next year. Having skipped the AMA Outdoor Nationals, Jeremy needs to test himself against the best in off-season supercross, and that means riding the U.S. Open. By the way, still no word on whether Ricky Carmichael will ride this race (he earlier stated he wouldn't race his new Honda until the opening round of the AMA Supercross series in Anaheim in January, 2002).
Now that Jeremy is going, will the Leprechaun change his tune? Will he show up to "show up" McGrath? Is Jeremy throwing down the gauntlet? Or is MC just going since there aren't going to be any "wee people" there?

:think

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
I believe MC is going to be on his A game this year. Ricky caught him off guard last year. Not to take anything away from because he is a true champion but I think he will have his work cut out for him this year. I also think Tim Ferry is going to suprise a few of us this year, he has really been strong ever since the Salt Lake SX and all throughout the outdoors. If he would not have had a couple DNF's due to bike problems in the MX series he would have put a lot of pressure on Windham for 2nd.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
RC doesn't scare MC. MC will go just to get ready for the season, the guy hates to lose.

Top Bottom