Boozer

Oct 5, 2001
i'm in need of a new set of tyres, and i was looking at the H12 for the rear. Has anyone had any experience with this model? i know that CR307 is also interested, so if anyone could give us an opinion, it would be greatly appreciated.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
BOOZER, I HAVEN'T USED THE H-12, BUT i HAVE USED THE S-12 ON THE REAR OF MY OLD YZ 400 AND WAS VERY HAPPYWITH IT. NOT ONLY DIDI IT HOOK UP WELL, BUT IT LASTED TWICE AS LONG AS ANY OTHER REAR I TIRES. MY BUDDY OWNS A SHOP HERE AND HE HAD TO DO SOMEW FANCY TALKING TO GET ME TO TRY THEM (I THOUGHT THE SOFT WOULD WEAR QUICKLY) AND I ENDED UP LOVING THEM. WE GET A MIXTURE OF SAND AND KALICHI (REAL HARDPACK THE SAME STUFF THEY MAKE ADOBE HOUSES OUT OF) AS WELL AS LOAM WHEN WE RIDE THE GROOMED TRACKS. I LIKED IT ON EVERY THING. THE HOT SETUP HERE HAS BEE M-12 UP FRONT AND S-12 IN THE BACK. THAT'S WHAT I'M PUTTING ON THE NEW SCOOT AS SOON AS I CAN DECENTLY TELL THE WILFE THE STOCKERS ARE WORN OUT!!

Boozer

Oct 5, 2001
BEEF706, thanks for your reply, i appreciate it.
i have been using the M12 on the back of my 250F and i like it alot. the last time i replaced it, i almost went to the S12 but i backed out since i haven't used it before.
i am pretty much staying on rocky trails exclusively from now on, because deep down i love the stuff! no-one else likes riding in it, so i guess that's why i want to become good at it. on long, steep, rocky hills, the H12 doesn't really last all that long. i guess i couldn't expect any tyre to, but i have always wondered about the H12 i've seen at the shop many times. i'm guessing it would make a fantastic tyre for these rocky hills, since it is a hard terrain tyre, right? :think

Cactus Rider

Sponsoring Member
Jan 11, 2002
The H12 have been my weapon of choice for the last 18 month.
I love them, the wear is better than of Bridgestones and they are real stable on hardpack.

Last week I had to change my rear tire, the only one available here ( small Island) was the IRS volcandero.(dealer ordering mistake)
It also has a more or less diagonal tread pattern, and it works surpricingly well
so far.
Wear is a big issue for me 'cause tires end up being f......g expensive !
Tire price $50 + shipping $25 = $75 + 40% importduty = $97.50
:uh:

I'll keep you informed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom