TOYOTA

Mar 2, 2004
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE ORV TRAILS OPEN IN MICHIGAN? I CALLED THE DNR AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW SO I CALLED THE LOCAL SHERIFF DEPT. HERE IN MUSKEGON MI AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW EITHER. I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT AND GET A TICKET. :eek:

RedThumper

Feb 29, 2004
I believe the local DNR branches are responsible for opening ORV trails (if they are gated trails). I was in the same dilema a few years ago, and I just called the local branch. If I remember correctly, it's around May 1st. Someone else may know for sure.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
TOYOTA said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE ORV TRAILS OPEN IN MICHIGAN? I CALLED THE DNR AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW SO I CALLED THE LOCAL SHERIFF DEPT. HERE IN MUSKEGON MI AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW EITHER. I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT AND GET A TICKET. :eek:

As far as I know the trails are open 24/7 year around Unless posted closed. Ive been trail ridding all winter with studded tires. :thumb:

If the snow is gone ride it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I think the only time you can't ride the trails is during deer hunting season (rifle). Even then you're allowed a few hours during the afternoon, but you'd really piss off some hunters. I say let them have their 2 weeks of the year and help keep the peace. Check the DNR site for details.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
I think the only time you can't ride the trails is during deer hunting season (rifle). Even then you're allowed a few hours during the afternoon, but you'd really piss off some hunters. I say let them have their 2 weeks of the year and help keep the peace. Check the DNR site for details.

That is correct. The riffle deer hunters get there 2 weeks in the end of November. We get the rest of the year. Thats fair.

Top Bottom