Dec 18, 2006
Just want to say hello to everyone!

I have a suzuki SP 125 that is a bike to just tear around on nice days with, I have been riding since I was 5 years old starting off on a minibike, then got a yamaha MX 100cc when I was 10 years old and beat that to its death.

Just spent yesterday riding with my brother, who has a raptor 700R along with his friend who has the same and my cousin who has an old yamaha 125 2 stroke enduro. my suzuki SP 125 is the slowest of them all. Really to want to get more out of it if possible.

We live out in the country with a few acres of woods to ride on in our own land and about 10 miles of back farm lanes/wooden trails we ride on. Great fun.

I want to get more power out of this thing with a rebuild or possible motor swap. Would love to just buy a new(er) bike. but dont really have those funds.

Always looking to take a trip up north and ride but I am not familiar with any places to ride besides the deer camp we ride at in the summers once in a while.

Dec 18, 2006
24 yeas old 220lbs and 6 foot 2... this suzuki 125 feels a little on the small side to me but It's not to the point where it's uncomfortable.

Suspension is a little too soft for the rough trails around here.

I have been checking out this place in Hazelton PA called Paragon Adventure Park, I am definitely going to go up there sometime.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Mike,

Also check out tower city trail riders. And if you want to get some track time in. Go to Rausch Creek.. they have some good tracks there and plenty of trails to get lost on.

Dec 18, 2006
Thanks for the heads up Letsride24-7,

I have heard of tower city and rausch creek, my brother and cousin have been to tower but I haven't been there. There is another place my cousin mentioned called "tremont"? I think he mentioned it was just some area in coal area.

I remember when I was younger going to see a destruction derby near reading PA or It had to do with the pagoda bike club, where it was destruction derby cars but I remember seeing some MX races too. I forget where it was, this was like 10 years ago. a pretty big places though.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Yea Both Raush creek and tower city are in the town Tremont.
And yes you just missed the destruction derby at pogoda MX club. I love there track, they have some good night MX races during the season there. The they just cut the MX course around the jumps to have the Car derby... Back in the day the even ran motorcycle destruction derbys.. Like i wonder why that stopped..

Dec 18, 2006
Hey Letsride24-7

You are pretty close by from what I see. I work in boyertown (currently at work now) do you have any recommendations on places to look for bikes for sale in this area that would be decently priced?

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
O'ya... Do you know where Martins Motorsports on 100 is? If you leave from boyertown towards 422 stay on 100. About a mile martins will be on your left. Also right before martins on the right is a boat dealer that also have motorcycles.. Both are good starts.
I seen you other thread about what bikes.. I would recommend getting a used 250 2stroke. Heck i still race my 125. and i'm 6'2" and 200lbs.. I'm not scared of bigger bikes, i've had plenty. I just like beating the snot out of my 125..

But anyway also check out www.rideitagainpowersports.com there are in quakertown not to far away. They have a lot of bikes.. And one more. If you go out to little diners around here, look for a penny pincher. It's like an auto trader but for local stuff.. All kinds of stuff. There is always used bikes in there you just have to really check them out before you buy them..

Last edited:

4Vinny

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, I stopped by "ride it again powersports" about 2 weeks ago and they have some decent bikes there that are in good shape. They're right on Route 309 South heading towards PA Tpk. I live in NJ so Reading is not that far from me. My cousins and I are planning a trip to Paragon to check it out. You should also check out Blue Diamond in New Castle, DE. Nice track and if you or anyone has kids, they have a beginners track as well as an amusement park all within walking/riding distance from each other. Cheap too, I think it's like $20-$30/day for adults and kids under a certain age are free.

Dec 18, 2006
Well I am no longer in search of a bike, picked up an 80 Elsinore CR250R :) really fun bike but needs a little work but I have a bike none the less that is a hell of a lot faster then the suzuki SP125. Currently tearing it apart to work on a few things for it.

Even though It needs some freshening up, you cant go wrong with a bike for 450 that starts in 2 to 3 kicks :)

Dec 18, 2006
It's still pretty decent but from what I heard, it has toned down a bit. I remember seeing the blue angels there from my aunts house which is about 2 miles away. this was about 10 years back though. I drive by the airport everday on my way home from work!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom