Mikuni Carb

CJS1

Mar 27, 2004
Why would someone put a Mikuni carb on a 83 KDX 200? :bang:

This is why all the talk about carb adjustments doesn't seem to sound the same as the carb on my bike. How do I find out what type/size of Mikuni carb I have so I can figure out how to properly set it ip and tune it? :worship:

maddawg

May 20, 2004
I don't know if you've gone to the kawasaki web site but your carb is in vehicle info tab and then just go thru it until you find your carb (you'll have to enter year, make ect.). So all your part #'s are there and if you call up your local kawi dealer they should be able to tell you which carb you have

CJS1

Mar 27, 2004
Stupid me I have looked at that carb a hundred times on the Kawi site I just never thought they came with that carb stock. Does anyone know how to set the flot level on a 83 kdx 200 A3?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I think you've had input from JasonWho on your bike?

He's familiar with your 'vintage' bike. He can tell you the basics (jet-wise for sure) on the Mikuni.

As Jag said, parallel generally works. You will likely see mold lines on the floats that will make it easy to determine when they are parallel.

Although the Mikunis on my R5s/RDs had round floats with no mold lines. Kind of hard to get a round float parallel to the carb body. Actually, they could be considered parallel to ANYthing you wanted to compare them to. That would be helpful......

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…