HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
OK, the votes are in. The Colorado / New Mexico / ? DRN Chapter will be known as the "Team DRN Mile High Chapter", assuming the powers that be bless it. Here's the details, so that nobody calls for a recount:

Mile High : 5 votes
High Desert Spodes: 4 votes
Rocky Mountain: 2 votes

Fist Full of Throttle, Juevos Grande Banditos, and Wild Western Dirtriders all get an honerable 1 vote each.

8 people voted, with some having multiple votes.

Now for the good stuff. I'll work on getting the group blessed and sub-forum set-up in the Western section.

Everybody should start thinking about the 1st get together. I think a southern ride (ahem, ahem, New Mexico) would be a good start for an earlier ride, but I may be jumping to conclusions. Please make your suggestions here or PM me.

The CR5 is polished and itching to kick me off again. I'm itching to see dirt again.

Also, anybody interested in serving on the "board" of Mile High Chapter, please PM me. I will put together a list of those interested and we can organize a chat or similar to vote on who gets what.

Thanks,
Troy aka HomeMadeSin :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
This time of year, "southern"=warmer.
And being as im an old wuss, warmer=better.
Mebbe Beef or VD's stompin grounds would be a good choice?
(just a suggestion.)
I think the place was apropriatly nicknamed "southern". (?)
Albuquerque a long haul for you Coloradians?
Rode there a few years ago -w- my '82 xl500r, and got my tail kicked by some kid on a YZ80. LOL :laugh:
(how's that for slow?)
Wouldnt mind takin another shot at it -w- the BRP. :aj:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'm all for a road trip. I've got some issues to deal with family wise, so timing might play a factor. My only preference is for more tractable soil. The 500 likes to make me look bad, and it ain't hard.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
first we need to establish who we have in our chapter...who here races and who here is a woods rider?

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
A New Mexico ride sounds really good! Albuquerque is not too long a haul; we just met another guy from there at the Reno ride, so we'd have to bug him for some trail leads (as soon as he gets his engine up and running again - mine too - Reno was a little rough on engines this year). Oh yeah, I'm a woods rider. I race a little too, but I'm really bad at it.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
mxer842 said:
first we need to establish who we have in our chapter...who here races and who here is a woods rider?

<------ Woods rider at heart. (used to ride Pennsylvainia woods.)
Race?? I tried that once. Back when we had squirrels on treadwheels in the engine cases. :ohmy:
Just been ridin for fun in the 30 odd years since...... :laugh:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Woods/singletrack here. I cut my teeth on Virginia Hare Scrambles on a '84 CR250 with narrowed bars and no barkbusters.....ahhh the days of feeling invinceable.....long gone.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
We can worry about who's who later if you guys want. OAS had a good idea - let's ride a time or two and work things out from there. Whens a good time for rehab from Reno and where's a good place in NM in the spring?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
CJ Rider said:
. . . we just met another guy from there at the Reno ride, so we'd have to bug him for some trail leads (as soon as he gets his engine up and running again - mine too - Reno was a little rough on engines this year).

That was me. :) I pulled my engine out of the frame today so I can send it to Eric and Rich. I peeked in the intake and I could see a lot of metal debris and the center intake guide(thingamadooger?) looked caved in. Peering into the exhaust side revealed an extremly bent exhaust valve. I don't know how long it will be but I'm in for a ride if it's possible. I might even have a WR290F. :yeehaw:

Party at BEEF's house :aj:

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
we can sort all of this out later...but SRAC's races season starts this weekend so it would be cool if i knew who from here would be at wild rat this weekend, as many of you woods guys willn't be racing many of us race guys can't afford to miss a race to go ride woods.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Oooch, VintageDirt, that sounds icky about your engine. That's what ya thought it was, though, eh? Will and I took apart my engine today and it also looks icky; the rod bearings are shot. We removed the bottom end to take to Apex on Tuesday. However, this is a "that's bad/that's good" story because a guy at Will's office was selling his son's KX100, so we bought it as a backup bike! So, I did some maintenance, swapped out the pipe and a couple of other parts, and I'm back up and running again!!! 'Gonna try it out at Pueblo tomorrow. Yell whenever you're ready, VintangeDirt, and we'll storm Albuquerque!

Mxer842- 'Could be talked into trying an mx or two this season... Have fun at wild rat!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
how many of you guys raced wild rat today?? was a great track, but i missed trophies by 4 spots because of the first turn pile up in the 2nd moto of 125C!!i'm pissed.

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I'm too new at this to be racing. Virtually all of my riding has been down at Pueblo, and will probably stay that way until the snow melts. But a road trip . . . ;-)

Scott

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
yeah, i saw her, i think she did pretty good because i dont remember passing her so she must have been better than 15th...i was suprised sabrina milazzo was so fast... i usually get bad starts and have to run through the pack but sabrina was harder to pass than all of the other guys combined, she has heart, i was impressed.

how did you do out there super rat?what class were you in?

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I talked to my friend Jenny last night and she had some problems in the 125C and didn't do so good. But Jenny beat Sabrina in the womans A.Those chicks are on the gas on doubt!! I'm still a ways off from racing yet I hope to be back out there by the beginning of the summer. I'll be in the 125B. We'll hook up so I can give you that wedgie I owe you! LOL!!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
im hoping to make b's this year...im fast enough to mark up now but that doesn't mean much with the starts i get, you can have all the speed in the world but that doesn't mean much if you're in 35th place through the 1st turn.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The new forum is made and the usergroup is added (go to user cp then pick chapters, to join).

Congrats on the new Chapter!

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Okiewan said:
The new forum is made and the usergroup is added (go to user cp then pick chapters, to join).

Congrats on the new Chapter!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks Okie. Although, I'm not sure I want to join a group that would have me as a member. :)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Dang I went to CO and nearly missed the big news, I should check my PMs I rekkin. Party in ANQ fer sure, we have desert and tracks to ride, I'm askeered of trees (ask VD) but we might even could rustle some of that up. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom