Miles Mountain MX in Northern PA

mx600

Jul 22, 2002
Has anyone heard of this track? A friend recently got a flyer advertising this track but I haven't heard anything. The website is milesmountainmx.com, but doesn't look to be operating yet. The flyer says they have practice on Friday nights for $10 and Saturday all day for $15.

Just looking for more info.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Are you sure about the website. I couldn't open it.

mx600

Jul 22, 2002
I've been trying the website too, and it's not online yet. I did do a WHOIS search on it and it is owned by the guy promoting the track. From what my friend told me (he actually called the guy) the track opened this past satruday so maybe in a few days we'll see the website.

The track in a town called Elkland. I have no idea where it is, but I was told that it's pretty much south of Corning, NY. Looks to be about an hour and half drive from the Binghamton area.

From the price, it sounds as though a trip out there to check it out is worth it. I can't do it this coming weekend, but I'm thinking about Saturday the 30th.

If I hear any additional info I'll post it here.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Someone posted a flyer for Miles Mtn. on the company bulletin board here. I usually don't look at that stuff, but the little dirt bike graphic caught my eye. ;)

This is the info from the flyer:

Track is located on Rt. 49, 10 miles west of Lawrenceville, PA.  (Just across border, south of Corning, NY).

They opened for practice on 8/16 (Fridays & Saturdays), and are holding their first MX race on 9/14.  (No practice on the Saturday before a race!)

Couple other races in Sept & Oct.  Next year to have a full race schedule.

Contact info:  814-258-5593     e-mail:  milesmountainmx@motocross.com

mx600

Jul 22, 2002
The website is working now. http://milesmountainmx.com/

I'm trying to find a good weekend to try it out. I'll post my opinion on it after I ride there.

huffa

Oct 24, 2001
Can you contact that freind of a freind and have him email mx 600 for complete details of the track?

or me at cr250huff@msn.com

It's a 4 hour ride for me and I want to MAKRE SURE it is to my liking.

If so, thank you so much!

huffa

Oct 24, 2001
or give me his email and I'll contact him. What ever way is easiet.

Want to know:
1) type of soil
2) how well is it groomed
3) watered??
4) safe for us older guy's
5) worth a 4 hour drive
6) food at track
7) steep hills
8)good jumps but safe
9) anything else

huffa

Oct 24, 2001
What happened to the freind of a freind? Aren't they freinds? I'll ask another dude I met which said his cousion has an uncle which is married to a sister of a freind which has a brother that works for honda dealer that one of the employee's has an Uncle that his brother's son was up there once. Maybe he can tell me?

If you hear from the freind of a freind still get back to me.

Thanks.....freind!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah, sometimes friends aren't friends when you really need something ;) Trust me I'm still working on it.

PaCR250

May 10, 2000
MX600 wrote a review on Thumper Talk. We are going there tonight to help with rock picking etc and will be riding there again this weekend. I was there with a bunch of riding buddies last Sat. but did not ride the track due to a broken bike. I rode the track 3 or 4 years ago and they have put a ton of work into it since then. The entire track is currently being covered with dark loam but that has been slowed do to the monsoons we have been having here all summer. There are also plans for a SX track in the near future, with lights. The owners are very nice people and would be happy to answer any question if you call. The tower is up but not compleated, the restrooms are in but not finished and the concession stand is up but not finished. They groom as needed and do water (which hasn't been a problem). Any other questions, let me know and I can try to get them answered. I work with one of the local pro's that's heavily involved.

Top Bottom