merlinnn

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2002
Hi there,

After recently buying an 06 crf450r I changed the oil after one quick ride, engine oil was good, but gearbox was milky. My dealer told me this was because I was riding through patches of water on the track, anyway I changed it and two rides later, same problem. The bikes coolant level has not moved at all.

So my question is, can I re-route the gearbox breather hose into the air box, or cut it shorter so it does not hang under the engine?

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
Interesting? I ride on muddy motox tracks and never had this issue.
Why not try to zip tie the breather hose up in the engine and see what happens.

Ussually milky oil is a water seal issue but its a new bike and you said your antifreeze level is fine.

Spokes574

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Spokes574 said:
Why not try to zip tie the breather hose up in the engine and see what happens.

I would worry about gravity with that. Any dirt that ends up in the end of the tube will fall down the tube if the tube is elevated above the engine.

I route mine on my YZ250F to my airbox but use a PCV type filter.

http://truespode.net/temp/filter.JPG

I have never had a problem with it but am curious what other thoughts there are.

Ivan

Attachments

• filter.JPG
    filter.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 303

Rouse5369

Mar 3, 2005
This is normal and is stated in your owners manual, or atleast it is in my Crf250R. its called condensation and its gonna happen, thats why you should change oil very frequently.
The piston on a 250R moves up and down 200 times per second, and causes a great deal of heat, so any cooling effect will cause condensation. of course you can pour water on the engine and your not gonna cool it down.

Top Bottom