RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Any one have any luck re-fitting controls and hand guards on mini bars? I just mounted a Moose Mini Hi bar and like the tall, forward fit but front brake lever/throttle fit isn't working! :ugg: Throttle tube extends 1/2" beyond the bar when all else aligns! Time for a full width bar? Thanks Jim G

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My son loves the mini CR bars on his YZ250F and we have no problems fitting everything. When we bought the new bike the dealer accidently threw in a set of Renthal mini bars instead of full size bars. We didn't look close and put them on. when he first rode it he noticed right away but actually preferred the feel. He is not very broad shouldered and likes the way his hands are straighter in front of him. He also likes the feeling that in tight starts there is that much less to hook on other bikes. Soon after the older 250F also got a set.

I just noticed you are running handguards where we are not

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Maybe you'e missing something or somethings not lined up right. I'm not saying you're wrong, but my buddy has the Renthal Fat Bar with the same bend and he's got everything set-up and working fine, w/hand guards.

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
I hear you, Buffmaster. Thats what I was wondering, because many have reccomended mini bars, especially for the type of woods riding we mainly do here. These Moose bars just may be 1" too short. JimG

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I have been running MSR Dominator Mini Hi's for over a year with hand guards. No problems and I love them. You can cut down the length of your throttle tube and your levers if you have small hands! Then too not all hand guards are the same. Can you alter them? Cheers John

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Problem solved!

By rotating the throttle housing down,the brake lever mount up and re-locating the light switch to below the crossbar, I was able to fit the controls and Acerbis pro rally guards :) . It works and probably looks better than it sounds :ohmy: but next time I bend the bars, I will get a full width Hi Bend[32"] and cut it down to 29-30", rather than really squeeze the right controls on the 28" mini bar. Just my $.02, Jim G

Top Bottom