wizard69

May 3, 2001
I just bought a 2002 kx250 and it has very low hours on it but it also has little manintnance done to it.it has realy low hours you can still see the paint on the stock tires.but well I have some stuff apart what should I check?i am checking both wheel bearings and the swing arm bearings what else should I check?I realy like this bike and I want it to last so any maintnance I should look for?
thanx.oh ya I checked the silencer and cables and fork seals.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
If you decide to take the wheel bearings out, make sure to replace them because they get damaged upon removal, just in case you didnt know. You should repack with good grease, like Bel-Ray, the swingarm and linkage bearings.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
WOuld be a good idea too grease up the steering.. Be sure too lube the cables (not sure if that is what you did when you "checked" them) May want too install a new piston/rings if it has alot of hours on it.. Good luck w/your new bike, have fun..
RIck

mainjet_2003

Mar 5, 2003
Change the oil! Make sure you change the oil if he did not do this when new you have tiny particles of aluminum in your motor. Grease the steering stem bearing. CLean and oil your filter and check your carb for riny particles of sand dirt etc... hope this helps

Mainjet

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Glitch
If you decide to take the wheel bearings out, make sure to replace them because they get damaged upon removal, just in case you didnt know.

Please explain.:confused:

reno426

Apr 26, 2002
When you remove wheel bearings you typically have to pound them out by hitting against the inner race since you usually can't get to the outer race. Specific tools for removing motorcycle wheel bearings essentially "grab" the inner race and push it out. Wheel bearings in a motorcycle are the type that do not support a side load, so pounding sideways on the inner race will potentially damage the bearing surfaces. That's why when you install the new bearings you want to ensure that the force is applied to the outer race.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Change fork oil, tighten spokes, check/adjust/note suspension settings (in the case that the previous owner messed with them).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom