Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
Has anyone ridden a bike with some of the travel missing? How much if any do you loose in suspension action with the travel shortened say 2-3".

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Pat,
It depends on the bike and what the end goal is.. Fair to say that in some condtions its far better... The major problem on linkage bikes is that you change the shocks intial starting point related to linkage rise. That can get a little tricky, but its nothing that can't be overcome. Many Short offorad guys and gals really like the shorter seatheight when it comes time to dab..

Another strange twist is that when reduce Travel you reduce sag number by 33%, so if you lower a bike in a ideal world you actually need to allso acount for the decrease in sag, and how that will actually impact the final ride ht.

BR,
Jer

PS Pat please can you please bury the hatchet.. All you alter Ego's and there snide remarks are making you look really too faced.. I particulary like the "used car salesman approach".. I could make some nice coments myslef.. One last time before I go friking Critical MAss on your ARSE! Please let it go..

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
I saw your question on woodsracer, but couldn't answer it. If I recall you are taller then me, why would you want to lower it? Don't do it if you don't need to.

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
Me either. hehehehe. I think you might understand better if it were said that Waki is a buddy of Rob Mann. His thread title is just questioning the "missing" thread. And he posted a question at woodsracer, and I tried to ask him what I asked him here, but I get timed out over there so couldn't post.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I wish this thing would go away-most of us know Jer and Robb wont be best buddies but it detracts from both there work.It seems we cannot go a month without the topic coming up-im not against Robb or Jer ,i just want to talk suspension.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Guys sorry its just my problem.. I hate these losers who complain about this site but want to be here too.. Or there never ending sniveling about stuff.. Pat and I have been e-mailing, I really hope he decides to accept the Olive branch...

BTW, I had nothing to do with droping Rob's advertisment....

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Marcus, Well said....

I got home to 2 messages from Jer. The first he was a little heated.....the sec he was apologetic. The strange thing is that allthough we have only spoken once I consider him a friend. I only wish him the best. If in fact Rob is the devil....well I guess I'll wear my nomex gloves while I'm surfing his site.....you can't be too careful....

I have serious concerns about my continued participation with THIS site. It has become so commercial that it is stifling the very conversations that it is supposed to be supporting/creating. Guess it's their stick& ball and they can do what they want. I don't HAVE to come back.

Good Luck to all.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
please dont feel you have to leave Lew. We have to rise above some of this nonsense that seems to be going around right now. I have a real interest in suspension, but as a potential customer, some of the threads that have gone off in this particular forum have made me question some of the "professionalism" of a few of the industry leaders, despite their good reputations for doing the technical side of things.

i must admit though, i do find it wierd when things all of a sudden disappear, bit like an X-files thing.

maybe time for a big pinch of salt!

sincerely

Bruce

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
Jeff , I am actually interetsed in lowering a bike but I just couldn`t help myself from using the title of the post. The mechanics of the job are no problem I was just concerned as to how far I could go without the leverage ratio of the linkage coming into enough effect to screw things up. The bikes are not mine , I need them taller not shorter. I will be working on an`03 RM125 or `02 YZ with a 450KTM a maybe.

Jer , Stop by Jeff`s MX forum at offroadforums.com and you can help all the other guys make fun of us country rednecks from Ky.

Top Bottom