goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Anyone else using this oil and most importantly has anyone done a top end job after using this oil? If so does it keep the internals clean? I think I am going to switch to this oil because it seems like a good oil at a good price. Thanks

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Use the search function, there are several informative threads on the oil.
I was talked into using it, no problems, but only four months usage.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by goldman15
Anyone else using this oil and most importantly has anyone done a top end job after using this oil? If so does it keep the internals clean? I think I am going to switch to this oil because it seems like a good oil at a good price. Thanks

Yep, I use it. Yep I did a top end this off season. Yep the kips and lower bearings looked good. Love it - 40:1 with 93 pump gas.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I run it @ 26.5:1 and the power valves looked very nice (just oily no gunk) and the piston/jug were well within spec. after about 50-60 hrs.
Same ring during the whole thing. I would normally change a ring after about 20 or so hours, but compression held so I waited.
MX2T is every bit as good as the highest priced oil. The only drawback is that it has no dye. Mobil will sell you some though.

KDX Fill

Jan 24, 2002
I have just started using it with no problems. I like the fact that it can be purchased at an auto parts store any time any day.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
26.5:1?? Whoa nellie thats a lot of oil especially using synthetic. If you think you had clean internals try it at 40:1 or 50:1 and she'll be shinin' in there.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Why on earth would I want to run at 40-50:1? I happen to like the way my valves are just fine. They are happy in the environment they are seeing. For this particular bike, I happen to feel that 26:1 is the perfect pre-mix ratio, all things considered.
It has been ran and jetted for 40:1 thru 18:1, I find optimum performance at 26:1...welll actually at 24:1 but because of the jump in size of readily available jets, I go with 26:1.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Hey I always said when it comes to oil.... "you can't replace quantity with quality." You mix it at whatever you want to. It would burn like a wet log in mine.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Only if you are not jetted properly, Braahp. That's a fact.
Matter of fact, if you went to that ratio without changing jets, my guess is you would be very lean (maybe even dangerously lean) and probably have no spooge at all.
Do you stay in here all the time, or do you dare to venture to the other forums where this is talked about often?

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Jaybird,
I have always thought that 50 or 40 to1 was the way to go. But you have sparked my curiosity. can you point me in the right direction to read up on this subject

Top Bottom