B

biglou

anyone use mobile web on their phone? preferably verizon. any thoughts? can you browse drn and whatever else? i see where you can receive emails.

thoughts, comments, suggestions? let's hear it. thanks!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
IndyMX said:
I've tried it on my PSP.. It's just not the same.

Pred's magnificence (like Chuck's) just doesn't translate to the small screen.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
text sites work the best. DRN and most other forum sites have too much formatting to really be seen well on the small screen.

Mostly I use mobile web to check weather, do weight and balance calculations, and get preflight briefings with duats.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
I'm Hi-Def all the way, baby!

... and yet in spite of the enormous advances in technology it still fails to grasp the true pomp and circumstance that is Pred. It may take some far reaching alien technology to accomplish this monumental, but oh so laudable task.

I just hope I live long enough to see it.......

.... or maybe I'll just say screw it, and order a pizza. :whoa:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
biglou said:
anyone use mobile web on their phone? preferably verizon. any thoughts? can you browse drn and whatever else? i see where you can receive emails.

thoughts, comments, suggestions? let's hear it. thanks!

Is the phone an EVDO REV A phone.My Sprint HTC Mogul does really good if I'm in a EVDO REVA area,or even REV0 area....1XRTT is pretty slow like dial up.

One thing to consider is getting the PAM package,and using your phone as a modem,then you can tether it to any small cheapo laptop and check out the internet just about anywhere.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
See that "Text Version" link at the bottom of the page?
Bookmark that for your mobile.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I use a Palm Centro (Sprint) and I can view sites in either full view or condensed text version that keeps the graphics off.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Okiewan said:
See that "Text Version" link at the bottom of the page?
Bookmark that for your mobile.

I must be blind,because I've looked for a text version several times.Take it easy on me since I'm a fellow conservative,and Mac user. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom