pmickelson

May 11, 2003
Is it feasable to modify a new KDX, either 200 or 220, for on/off road use? I would like to use one of these bikes on local streets, to go from one riding area to another. Is this a good idea or not? I think the performance/weight is much better than current enduro offerings. ie, DRZ's, KLR's. However, everytime I take it on the road I do not want to be bothered by the local police. Please let me know if my idea is sound or flawed? If it is a good idea, what things do I need to make it legal? I live in Wisconsin.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I live in WI also and have had no luck trying to register here. The DMV wants the VIN number to say that it is a street model.... or that you have receipts for the major components and that you put it to gather your self ( wink, wink ). I am going to register my 220 in Vermont, it may be iffy but it IS a registration and WI won’t register it so I don’t feel bad about it. I’m only connecting trails any way, knobies cost too much to run on the street!

Kevin

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
I have a 1997 220 it’s a lot of fun on the street first thing you need to do is gear it up at least one tooth on the front the other thing it’s a hassle mixing the oil & gas. Street riding you will get over 90 miles on a tank. One thing that will get you busted really fast is not having your license plate under your tail\stop light

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom