Moose Flex Series Bars any good?

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
Moose has a "tapered" bar for about half the price of the competition. Anyone have any thoughts? Are they alloy? Steel? Anyone??

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Where did you find information on the Moose flex bars?
I looked on their site, and all Moose had listed was a pad for the "flex" bar.

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
The Moose "Flex" bars are in the Parts Unlimited catalog YZ bend part number M1004. Retail $79.95 Dealer price is pretty cheap. They also have a mount kit (part# M818-005) for $45.00 retail.
But I didn't want to be the first kid on the block to have one.:eek:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I've seem a couple on different bikes, but have no opinions or information. :(

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
Danman; were they aluminum? I have this crazy idea that they might be steel. I have had no problems with Moose products, but have never seen these bars.
By the way, I think I have an old Greeves around here somewhere that has tapered steel bars!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Ok, here is what I was able to find out. I sent an email to Moose, and asked for some information. Here's what I got.

Last edited:

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
I think i have these on my drz!! Last fall i bought some fancy moose bars. I think they had just come out. I got them from the zuki shop. I was looking for some taller bars they were there so i bought'em. I got moose bark busters on 'em now so it took out some of the flex. I don't have many rides on them and aren't super aggressive to begin with. I try like hell to avoid spectacular wipe outs that test bar strength. They seem to work ok, The grips are still on'em and when i push pull on them the front wheel generally goes where i want it to. They make my bike look cool! although i think the moose plastic handgaurd plastic is kinda thin!! Sorry dude, don't have enough time on them to give you a worth while report!!

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
As far as I can tell they are identical to Pro Tapers. I have had them on my bike for about 4 months and have had no problems. The last 2 races (I ride AA in Enduro / HS) I have crashed pretty hard (both eneded up in the bike cartwheeling) and they haven't bent at all. I would recommmend these bars, and I just ordered another set for my fathers bike. The Burleson bend is already cut down so you don't have to hack up your new bars if your a HS / Enduro rider.

Hope this helps.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…