More HUGE anti-ORV legislation in WA

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
Senator Ken Jacobsen will introduce Senate Bill SB6901 into the Washington State Legislature tomorrow. If passed it would do the following:

Require license plates.

Require a driver’s license to drive on or across any road.

Protect landowner from liability for unintentional injuries resulting from use of the land if a person is injured operating an ORV without the landowner’s permission or outside of an authorized ORV area.

Prior to spending ORV funds on ORV recreation facilities, funds must be given to the DNR, DFW, Parks and Recreation Commission to repair erosion, damage to trees, crops or other areas resulting from unauthorized ORV use.

Operating an ORV in a manner so as to unreasonably expose the underlying soil, cause erosion, injure or damage trees, crops or other vegetation would result in seizure and civil forfeiture of the ORV.

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
This law sounds like BS to me.

I'm all for being responsible when riding - I can't stand it when others are irresponsible and make our sport look bad. I can see protecting public land, but IMO there should be public land provided for our enjoyment and use, including ORV's. Here in NY we have State snowmobile trails, but almost NO ATV trails or places to ride, other than private property. This of course burns my a$$, b/c my 6 machines are all registered, and my registration money hasn't gotten me any trails (unlike the snowmobilers). And to top it off, I can't legally ride on my own 3 acres b/c of a town zoning rule that requires 20 acres.............so where am I to ride?

We, as riders, need to get involved and change this crap.Enough is enough.

Top Bottom