Mr. Clean

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Ever heard of SXC 400? Got one and need help!

A friend just bought a 2000 400 SXC today and we have some questions. First of all I have never heard of an SXC. I've heard of SX, MXC and EXC. It doesn't have the power he is used to. We are going to change the cs sprocket to a 13 from a 15 because of the huge gaps in the ratios. It also seems to have a constant velocity carb. on it, is this correct? What is the canister under and behind the carb. that looks a large power bomb or catalitic converter; what is it's purpose? What can we do to make this bike have more power everywhere? I must admit we haven't even cleaned the carb. yet because it does seem to be a little lean. So anything you guys know will be much appreciated.

2 days later: We found out the canister is a pre-silencer and that Big Gun exhausts work best on KTM's. Also found out that the cv carb. can be replaced by a mikuni from Sudco for about 240 dollars. Anybody heard of this bike and any experience getting more power from it? Please, Please respond if you know anything else or if you agree with the only info. I have found out about so far.

Thanks, Your ridin' bud Kurt

Last edited:

mjmcgrath

Aug 27, 2001
I believe that the SXC has the LC4 engine. There is leftover one sitting on the floor at my local dealer, I think it's a '99. I don't know what kind of carb is on that bike, it's either a Dellorto or a Edelbrock quicksiver. If it has the Dellorto, it can be made to work well, If It has the Edelbrock , throw it in the nearest garbage can and contact Sudco www.sudco.com . Get a muniki or Keihin FCR pmper carb kit. The stock exhaust isn't that resrictive from what I've read. Big Gun is the only Aftermaket exhaust that I know of.

The best setup for this bike would be the Keihin FCR, I have a LC4 400 rxc and this upgrade made the best improvement.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
A good friend of mine has a 2000 400SXC. I do believe he bumped the main one step, and added the Big Gun Complete exhaust system - Major improvements in performance. Good LucK

Top Bottom