Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The Team HS & Poker Runs enough for the woods riders? Maybe a mini-Enduro? Suggestions?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How about a seminar on how to prep for an enduro, and how enduro rules work, yanno scoring, times sections, brand x rules etc.
I'd also like to see a solo event(time permitting) for the woods riders. A B and C starts.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I belive Timr tried to set something up for this year. There is a post on it in here somewhere.

He had a simple Q-enduro/Qualifier set up that would be great for this event.

If you decide to have something like this @ DW 2K3, I am willing to help with it.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I think that school about set-up and time keeping and such would be very cool. Maybe a Mini-enduro. Quailifer's are fun (no time keeping).

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The woods were a blast, but I have no idea what an enduro is! Just point me to the trees and say GO, but it would be nice to know the inner workings of the race and how scoring works.;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
How about a timed event on the grass track similar to the Battle Trax concept they run in parking lots. Basically you layout a course with cones and one rider at a time goes through while being timed. None of the usual problems with head to head racing but still a fun way to pit your skills against someone else. It could be a fun way to team up the MX riders against the Woods riders in an event that favors neither. Add up total time for a group of riders on the same team and have a final shoot out of the two best. It would be a safe way for riders who don't normally compete to play as well.

Might even be a good way to settle a few smack talk episodes.
Two riders go in but only one rider comes out :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I like it, I like it alot!;)

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Yes to all of the above!
But I would most like to see a H/S with solo riders and A,B and C classes! Matbe even pro if we can get Guy and some more Pro offroad types to come out and play with us.

bundy

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The cool part is a big fast bike doesn't necessarily have an advantage in a Battle Trax type race. If the course is fairly tight a small aggressive rider on a TTR125 might be the hot ticket .

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Great idea! Autocross for the dirt.

Instead of SuperMoto we could call it CooperMoto :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
And Peepracer could demonstrate night op's and surveillance.

A grass track timed course, sounds way fun!:)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by a454elk
A grass track timed course, sounds way fun!:)

The best part is everyone can watch and cheer on the other guy.

B

biglou

I like the Battle Trax thing. Keep it tight and twisty, or the bigger bikes will have advantage on the straights (excluding AJ, of course...).

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
I belive Timr tried to set something up for this year. There is a post on it in here somewhere.

He had a simple Q-enduro/Qualifier set up that would be great for this event.

If you decide to have something like this @ DW 2K3, I am willing to help with it.

Ditto Ditto Ditto - Solo Harescramble, Q-Enduro/Qualifier both sound awesome. Rich's idea would be a fun event also - but its not really a woods guy thing exclusively.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by TTRGuy

Rich's idea would be a fun event also - but its not really a woods guy thing exclusively.

Eddie - We could put some trees in the middle of the course for you guys to bounce off of to make you feel more at home. :confused:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Now you're talking - I swear I could get around an MX track faster if there were just trees, logs and rocks on the darned thing.

The grass track section that we laid out this year would really be a hoot with a few smaller jumps and a couple more G-outs on it.

and a couple log crossings :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:) We could run a "figure 8" in a death match with 10 riders.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy

Ditto Ditto Ditto - Solo Harescramble, Q-Enduro/Qualifier both sound awesome. Rich's idea would be a fun event also - but its not really a woods guy thing exclusively.

How a bout some tight woods sections that lead to a grass track.....wait that is a qualifier :eek: :confused:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I say YES to any and all events that are held OFF the MX track. Anything held on a grass track / TT track will be a blast! The grass track this year was awesome. :thumb:

I would definately LOVE to see some Harescramble or Enduro racing seminars!

What about wheelie contests? or stoppie contests?

If the trails at Cooperland were more challenging, we could have some "get through this nasty section" challenges, or some hill climb challenges. Maybe Coop will have some challenging areas for us next year?

Last edited:
Top Bottom