Motocross Boot cleaning and care.....

B2600i

Nov 5, 2006
So, I finally got a pair of MX boots and I got 'em good and muddy. Now how should I clean them? Dish soap and water with a soft brush? After they dry should I use something to keep the leather from drying out? BTW, they're Fox Forma-Pro boots.
Your help and opinions are appreciated!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I usually just hose mine off and let them dry. I try to do it while they are upside down so the inside will stay relatively dry. Occasionally, I will spray a bit of cleaner on them and hit them with a bristle brush. Hondabrite, Cycle Wash, Simple Green, or something similar is what I typically use. If you feel compelled, a little leather conditioner wouldn't hurt.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I use my power washer to remove the heavy stuff. Then, hit the boots with Simple Green and a soft brush , followed by a rinse then left too dry in the shade.

B2600i

Nov 5, 2006
Thanks for the help. I gave them a bath with dishsoap and a brush and they look new again. Thanks for the washing them upside down tip and drying them in the shade.

So, does anyone use a leather treatment/conditioner or are these things that tough that you just throw them into the corner of the garage until the next ride?

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
With my boots I there is hardly any exposed leather to put treatment on. Like said above, I gently wash mine with a sponge/brush and allow to dry in a well ventilated area. Also when coming back from a ride make sure you at least get them out of your gear bag and somewhere where they can air dry. Do not let them fester!

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
i just hose mine off and let them dry in the sun
sometimes i just hose the inside seeing as we ride alot and mud is plentiful

CerkMX

Oct 8, 2006
I use the ole hose method as well...those babies see a heck of a lot worse on trails...a little hose isn't gonna hurt 'em any!

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
Does anyone know how to get the yellowish stains out of my boots? they look gross and I can't seem to find anything potent enough to get them out.

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
patto3 said:
Does anyone know how to get the yellowish stains out of my boots? they look gross and I can't seem to find anything potent enough to get them out.

mine are white and simple green keeps em lookin fresh

U

Unregistered tick

leather wax

On the first pair of boots I had I applied leather wax every time.. and probably too much.. they turned really crappy, pretty sure it rooted the leather. I now use just a little bit of liquid leather conditioner on a cloth and wipe over just to pump some life back into the colour :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…